PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on attending The National and are willing to help a fellow collector?

cjedmonton
01-12-2013, 10:30 AM
If you plan on going this year and are willing to obtain several signatures on my behalf, please me know.

I realize that we're still several months away, but I'd like to work out the details/logistics as soon as possible.

Prior experience with this sort of arrangement is preferred. Rock solid reputation is a must.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

jgmp123
01-12-2013, 10:35 AM
If you plan on going this year and are willing to obtain several signatures on my behalf, please me know.

I realize that we're still several months away, but I'd like to work out the details/logistics as soon as possible.

Prior experience with this sort of arrangement is preferred. Rock solid reputation is a must.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

Minimum: Bachelors Degree preferred....:D

chaddurbin
01-12-2013, 10:36 AM
you'd probably find more help on the autograph-specific sites, like sportsgraphing or sportscollectors.net. there are actually graphers who specializes in situations like this and would take items on consignments.

be forewarn you are dealing with alot of kids, immature people, and scammers. i've lost money there twice in 1 year where the seller just refused responsibility for his mistake (we're not talking big money either).

Mr. Zipper
01-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Minimum: Bachelors Degree preferred....:D

Masters is a plus. :D

On a serious note, the crowds will likely be relatively thin this year. Might be a good year to go if crowds are not your thing.

cjedmonton
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the tip, but the reason I made an open request on this board is due to the overall maturity/experience of its members.

I just can't afford to roll the dice with this unique item, so I would prefer to work with someone here.

Major promoters are another option, but given the volume of mail-order requests they receive, I'm concerned that the item may get lost in the fray.

jgmp123
01-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Major promoters may be your best option if they can give you some sort of guarantee/insurance for your items... Did you have a specific item you wanted signed?

cjedmonton
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I have an 18x24 poster I'd like to have signed by as many HOFers as I can afford this year. I'd have about a $500-600 budget.

The other concern I have is if a promoter would pay attention to my request to where I'd like a specific player to sign.

bender07
01-13-2013, 07:19 PM
MAB usually handles the signing at the Tunnicliffe inn. I would think you could contact them to square away the logistics.

cjedmonton
05-19-2013, 07:14 AM
I apologize for dredging up an old post, but I am still looking for someone to help me add a few signatures to this poster.

However, I've shifted my attention from HOF Weekend to The National.

I contacted Scott King a few months ago. Although he said he could do it, he seems to have many other obligations going on at the same time.

Ideally, I'd prefer to work with someone who will make every effort to accommodate my request and not let the item get lost in the fray.

If you're willing to help, please let me know. Many thanks.

Chris

Plinvestments
05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
I apologize for dredging up an old post, but I am still looking for someone to help me add a few signatures to this poster.

However, I've shifted my attention from HOF Weekend to The National.

I contacted Scott King a few months ago. Although he said he could do it, he seems to have many other obligations going on at the same time.

Ideally, I'd prefer to work with someone who will make every effort to accommodate my request and not let the item get lost in the fray.

If you're willing to help, please let me know. Many thanks.

Chris

I recommend Tom Orr for such requests. He has back room access and always helped me with such requests. He is also local to Illinois.

cjedmonton
05-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you. You're the 2nd one to mention him, so that's promising.

Just waiting to hear back to see if he can help.