PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Wanted for TV Show

Architect Films
01-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I work for a television company that is making a program about various collectors across North America. We're seeking people who are proud of their collections and who might get a kick out of showing it off to the world.

I wonder if there might be some collectors on this forum who would be interested in exploring the idea of being on our program? We compensate people who appear on the show, offer a copy of the program so that you have a video record of your collection, and also provide an appraisal of the collection from an appraiser with over 30 years' of experience including multiple years as an expert on "Antiques Roadshow".

If you're interested in exploring the idea of appearing on our show, please get in touch. The more you can tell us about the breadth, condition and value of your collection, the better!

If interested, please contact Alex at Architect Films
T: 416 466 5888 ex. 274
E-Mail: alex@architect-films.com

Thank-you!

Paul S
01-11-2013, 03:18 PM
... and also provide an appraisal of the collection from an appraiser with over 30 years' of experience including multiple years as an expert on "Antiques Roadshow".

LMAO. What next?

Leon
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
LMAO. What next?

Alex contacted me (before) posting and I thought some of our members might be interested so said go for it. As for appraisals, well, no harm in getting another although that is sort of what we do here....I wish them all the luck though.

Paul S
01-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Alex contacted me (before) posting and I thought some of our members might be interested so said go for it. As for appraisals, well, no harm in getting another although that is sort of what we do here....I wish them all the luck though.

I understand and I'm sure some members would. But, you know, there's been previous comments about Antique Road Show qualifiers, and with all the Atlantic CdV stuff and various internet articles about it...I thought we sort of police ourselves. I could be wrong. maybe it's a good idea to put i out?

z28jd
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure how many people with big collections would be willing to share what they have with everyone, but the show should be very interesting and it would be cool if it was someone we all knew from the board. Not sure if the appraiser is necessary, most people with decent collections have a good idea what they have in value.

Jlighter
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I would think the appraiser would be for the audience's sake instead of the collector.

wazoo
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Is there an age requirement?

z28jd
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Is there an age requirement?

There isn't an age requirement, but they heard about your interview at a card show a couple months back and they don't want any celebrities, so you're out of luck Waz :(

frankbmd
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
There isn't an age requirement, but they heard about your interview at a card show a couple months back and they don't want any celebrities, so you're out of luck Waz :(

With my celebrity status here, I'm guessing I'd be disqualified as well:(:eek::(,
but I am old enough.

Bocabirdman
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
With my celebrity status here, I'm guessing I'd be disqualified as well:(:eek::(,
but I am old enough.

:cool::eek::confused::o:DI'll skip the easy one, Frank......:)

Texxxx
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I think Wazoo and Frank would be great. They would have the young and the uhhhhhhhhh................. Antique side of it.

frankbmd
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Good Cop........Bad Cop???

Ladder7
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Good, positive exposure for the hobby. Some PR may increase demand :)

irishdenny
01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
When is the Show going to be on? Station? Will Pete Rose's "Wife to be" & her sister's be included?:D

PS Now that's when that smile face is suppose to be used....

wolf441
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I know two guys who have a T206 Wagner and some free time on their hands....

Brian Van Horn
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't mind helping the guy out, but I have a Howard Hughes complex. I hate having my picture taken. I'm not wanted anywhere, just not photogenic.

Paul S
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I know two guys who have a T206 Wagner and some free time on their hands....

What are their names?

z28jd
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't mind helping the guy out, but I have a Howard Hughes complex. I hate having my picture taken. I'm not wanted anywhere, just not photogenic.

I'm definitely not a tv person either, in fact I take it one step further. I've been asked more than a handful of times to do radio/podcasts on Pittsburgh Pirates minor league info and I still haven't done one. Not a great public speaker, too many pauses and "uhhs and umms" while I'm thinking to myself, "don't say anything stupid."

I'll probably start doing them this season, so at some point I'll have to line up the stuffed animals and talk to them about baseball, as practice :)

wazoo
01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I think Wazoo and Frank would be great. They would have the young and the uhhhhhhhhh................. Antique side of it.

Hahaha best line of the night! I think that would be a great segment though.

HOF Auto Rookies
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
there isn't an age requirement, but they heard about your interview at a card show a couple months back and they don't want any celebrities, so you're out of luck waz :(

lol

Brian Van Horn
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm definitely not a tv person either, in fact I take it one step further. I've been asked more than a handful of times to do radio/podcasts on Pittsburgh Pirates minor league info and I still haven't done one. Not a great public speaker, too many pauses and "uhhs and umms" while I'm thinking to myself, "don't say anything stupid."

I'll probably start doing them this season, so at some point I'll have to line up the stuffed animals and talk to them about baseball, as practice :)

I'll tell you what-I'll be happy to do a radio spot with you. I don't do "uhhs and umms." I also have the perfect face for radio :D.

z28jd
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I'll tell you what-I'll be happy to do a radio spot with you. I don't do "uhhs and umms." I also have the perfect face for radio :D.

You can do them for me, I'll give you the cliff notes :)

I'm actually thinking of doing the original idea except having an actor sit in for me. Wonder what Abe Vigoda is doing...

Jlighter
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Wonder what Abe Vigoda is doing...

According to his website he's Alive.

http://www.abevigoda.com/

Blitzu
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I got an unopened set of 89 Upperdeck if you want to stop by the house.

frankbmd
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM

Please substitute Mature for Antique.;)

BleedinBlue
01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Frank,

I've been reading your posts here for a while now and I don't think "mature" is appropriate either. "Experienced" maybe?

Brian Van Horn
01-11-2013, 08:55 PM
You can do them for me, I'll give you the cliff notes :)

I'm actually thinking of doing the original idea except having an actor sit in for me. Wonder what Abe Vigoda is doing...

Now, there is a guy with a resume. The Godfather, Barney Miller, Fish and a Snickers commercial with Betty White. Oh, the stories.....

EvilKing00
01-12-2013, 10:00 AM
what channel? what day and time -? you prob dont know as of yet - But plz post when you do

T205 GB
01-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Does the collection need to be large or extensive? Mine is more one sided and focused.

drc
01-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I'd do it but I don't have a worthwhile collection and the audience wouldn't believe I wasn't a paid model.

SushiX37
01-12-2013, 12:27 PM
While I'd love to watch something like this on TV, it doesn't seem like you're getting a whole lot of bites on your offer. I'd volunteer, but my collection isn't very big, I've only been collecting for a handful of years. What really started as a t206 sub set of Cubs has turned into a small t206 collection. I've also started buying Joe Tinker and Johnny Evers cards from the same period.

I'll look forward to hearing more about this project and hopefully seeing some of you on TV!

Rich

Deertick
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll do it if you provide a P.A. to help scan my cards. (I'd rather pluck nose hairs.)

gnaz01
01-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Will Pete Rose's "Wife to be" & her sister's be included?:D

That's awesome, Denny!!! :D

Ejm1
01-15-2013, 07:06 AM
I have a stunning collection of 1988 thru 1993 Donruss that are just screaming for a T.V. apprasial.

gnaz01
01-15-2013, 08:23 AM
I have a stunning collection of 1988 thru 1993 Donruss that are just screaming for a T.V. apprasial.

Yeah, but I hear the collection has to be worth more than $1.00, so you may be out of luck :D

wazoo
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
We should all, we as in t206 collectors, do a major t206 segment! That'd be amazing!