PDA

View Full Version : FS. Circa 1920s Cuban Stars Photo

tlwise12
01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Currently, I am trying to sell a newer addition to my collection. Recently, I found this circa 1920s ORIGINAL Cuban Stars photo. Until I saw this very photo, I had never seen another image of it anywhere.

As most of you know, vintage negro and cuban memorabilia such as this, are rarely seen. The photo includes Herman Rios (part of the 1923-24 Billiken set), Jose Maria Fernandez (part of every big 1920s Cuban set), and EUSTAQUIO PEDROSO (an early cuban star who pitched a gem against the world champion detroit tigers). Pedroso is part of three cuban sets, but his memorabilia other than that is VERY RARELY EVER SEEN.

Rios is 1st in line far left.
JM Fernandez is 2nd from right.
Pedroso is 4th from right.

I hate to sell the card, but at this time I just cannot have this much money tied up in one item. Family is going through a lot. I will continue to buy cards that are cheaply priced, but like I said this piece costs to much to have at this particular moment.

Price is $2,100.00

This card came from one of, if not the most, reputable cuban and negro card dealer around and I will be glad to shar more information with you about it through email. Feel free to email me at tlwise12@aol.com

Thanks
Travis

ElCabron
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Travis,

Maybe you should finish paying for this item before you sell it at a profit.

Thanks bunches,

-Ryan

Shoeless Moe
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Travis,

Maybe you should finish paying for this item before you sell it at a profit.

Thanks bunches,

-Ryan

Say what, explain

tlwise12
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
In early December, I bought the item from Ryan. He graciously allowed me until mid January to complete transaction (I paid most when I purchased and would pay rest later on).

Earlier this week I emailed Ryan to inform him that the rest of the payment would be made early next week. However, with some things coming up I can't afford to have a big amount of money's tied up in one item. So, I went ahead and listed hoping to get a deal in place by next week as well.

Travis

Shoeless Moe
01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
If u can wait for the cash, you might want to go with Hake's. That seems to be spot # 1 for Negro/Cuban items. At least I always get wiped out of the bidding pretty much opening day on any of their items.

tlwise12
01-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Paul,

Thanks for the compliment. I thought about hakes, but where I'm hurting for money ( I have about $200 in collecting budget to do for a long time unless I get some other source of income), I'm afraid to chance it at auction...

Shoeless Moe
01-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the compliment. I thought about hakes, but where I'm hurting for money ( I have about $200 in collecting budget to do for a long time unless I get some other source of income), I'm afraid to chance it at auction...

Put a Reserve on it.