PDA

View Full Version : A Very Sad Story for Dog Lovers

canjond
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not quite sure what compelled me to share this story, however watching the video of poor Buck made me sick. I just hope my small donation might help restore some semblance of normalcy to his life after he recovers.

Story:

Buck is a survivor after getting shot and left for dead by a heartless creep in Conroe, Texas.

A dog that was shot several times in the face with a shotgun and thrown away in a garbage bag is on the road to recovery thanks to the efforts of one Texas woman, who raised more than $10,000 for the canine's medical care.

Tami Augustyn took the 60-to-70 pound dog to an emergency clinic Saturday after a neighbor in Conroe, Texas spotted the garbage bag tied to a fence on a road. The garbage bag was moving.

The clinic was able to stabilize the dog, who doctors say may have suffered some brain damage and permanent loss of his vision. But Buck, as he is now called, is going to get the help he needs.

"Today he's great," Augustyn told the Daily News on Tuesday. "He's very happy when he sees me, when he hears my voice."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dog-shot-times-face-bouncing-back-article-1.1235652#ixzz2HRw2xvdf

http://www.facebook.com/Buckneedsbucks?ref=stream

Leon
01-09-2013, 07:09 AM
There was a similar story from Texas several months ago with a dog and his mouth taped shut. He wasn't so lucky and didn't make it. I had tears in my eyes with both of these stories.

(as one of my dogs is sleeping on me right now)

Prof_Plum
01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
The cruelty some people will inflict on domesticated animals is just sick. And the laws/penalties aren't nearly stringent enough, IMHO.

Leon
01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
The cruelty some people will inflict on domesticated animals is just sick. And the laws/penalties aren't nearly stringent enough, IMHO.

Personally, I just think the penalty should be the same things these idiots do to the dogs. And we can start with Michael Vick......

ruth-gehrig
01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
personally, i just think the penalty should be the same things these idiots do to the dogs. And we can start with michael vick......

+100

GoldenAge50s
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't have the heart to look at the video as a week ago I had to put down my friend of 13 years, my sheltie Angel. It was a very tough day for me & my wife.