PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from Autographs, Collectibles, Etc inc from Worcester MA?

mschwade
01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Just curious.. Found their web site, sounds like they used to have a large presence on eBay, but there is no link to their web store. Anyone know what their eBay handle was?

Thanks,
Matt

Michael B
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Their ebay listing name was/is collectnuts!. I would occasionaly see items listed by them and once or twice I did win items that I was very confident of the authenticity - Olympians. However, some of their items make me uncomfortable. Perhaps Mark or Travis will offer an opinion on the Leo Hauck or Sugar Ray Robinson signatures. Unfortunately their images are way too small to get a feel on many of the items and just from a collecting standpoint some of them seem terribly underpriced for legit items such as a Bob Dylan signed poster for about $120. I would think 2-3 times that if not more. Their website www.collectnuts.com.

Disclosure - I worked in Worcester 1990-2004 and lived there 1999-2004, but never heard of them.

Cheers,

Michael

Duluth Eskimo
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
They sell a lot on eBay. A fair amount of their stuff is hollywood and appears secretarial signed or no good, but they have good stuff too. Not sure what to make of them. I have bought from them on eBay, but I would suggest caution. I have only bought vintage sports related pieces from them. I also believe they have a couple different user id's

mschwade
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
They sell a lot on eBay. A fair amount of their stuff is hollywood and appears secretarial signed or no good, but they have good stuff too. Not sure what to make of them. I have bought from them on eBay, but I would suggest caution. I have only bought vintage sports related pieces from them. I also believe they have a couple different user id's

Do you know any other user id's they would have.. I am looking through their feedback for an item they sold in May, 2008, but collectnuts wasn't a member until August, 2008. Thanks. And thank you both for your replies.

Michael B
01-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Matt,

You may be thinking of the infamous Tim Sweeney aka tswee10305, purveyor of thousands of secretarial and forged signatures until booted from ebay in 2006. I believe he was from Boylston or another town east of Worcester. If the information I found is correct he may have later popped up as collectableitems21, 1980wonderwoman or 1967collectibles. There was some discussion that bosslady12345, also from Worcester may be him, but they have been around since 2002 and late last year they were selling legos. I do recall seeing bosslady12345 also selling off the wall and obscure signatures that made me do a Scooby Doo (turn head slightly and go ooouh?) but they were out of my fields of knowledge so I will not comment. I also got the name of the original incorrect as it is collectnuts!! (two exclamation points not one). It is possible that collectnuts!! is Tim Sweeney, but I would not know as I believe the two items I may have purchased from them came with the ebay name and a po box in Worcester for a return address.