PDA

View Full Version : Ken Girffey Jr theft

Blitzu
01-08-2013, 05:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/extensive-ken-griffey-jr-baseball-card-collection-stolen-193847842--mlb.html

I still have my factory sealed set of 1989 Upperdeck. I remember how hot that KG Jr card was back then.

That thief is gonna have a hard time selling or making any money off of those cards.

ullmandds
01-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Don't know...modern cards are a lot easier to sell...it's not like they have "fingerprints" like pre-war cards have...and so many were printed as well.

travrosty
01-12-2013, 08:01 AM
if he valued them at 1200, it means they might be worth 400. i sold a full 89 upperdeck set, 50 donruss rated rookie griffeys, an 89 fleet set, a griffey classic purple, and a san bernadino spirit minor league set with griffey card, (the real one with the set, not the broder style, unlicensed one that always shows up alone), and these all together went for a grand total of 125 dollars. that is after they sat on ebay for a looong time, i finally got one bite. you cant hardly give griffey cards away. he didnt lose much.

travrosty
01-12-2013, 08:01 AM
if he valued them at 1200, it means they might be worth 400. i sold a full 89 upperdeck set, 50 donruss rated rookie griffeys, an 89 fleet set, a griffey classic purple, and a san bernadino spirit minor league set with griffey card, (the real one with the set, not the broder style, unlicensed one that always shows up alone), and these all together went for a grand total of 125 dollars. that is after they sat on ebay for a looong time, i finally got one bite. you cant hardly give griffey cards away. he didnt lose much.