PDA

View Full Version : ebay "selling to address" question

Jewish-collector
01-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I listed a card and excluded certain locations. The winner had bid (using his ebay USA address), won the auction, but apparently has a different ebay address than the USA he was bidding with, so the payment is not going through, because that 2nd address is a location that I don't ship to. I want to complete this transaction. He wants to complete the transaction. What can I do ? What can he do ? What's the best way to handle this ? Should he just mail me a money order or such ?

Thanx.

Sean1125
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Ship to the paypal verified address. If there is no paypal verified address do not ship - period.

sdkammeyer
01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I would abandon the ebay transaction and invoice him directly through paypal and then ship with delivery confirmation/insurance.
If he is trusting enough to pay the paypal invoice then he probably isnt out to screw you with a different address and there will be no problem.

SushiX37
01-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Ship to the paypal verified address. If there is no paypal verified address do not ship - period.

Agreed, always ship to the verified PayPal address only. Anything else and you are playing with fire.

Rich

kmac32
01-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I listed a card and excluded certain locations. The winner had bid (using his ebay USA address), won the auction, but apparently has a different ebay address than the USA he was bidding with, so the payment is not going through, because that 2nd address is a location that I don't ship to. I want to complete this transaction. He wants to complete the transaction. What can I do ? What can he do ? What's the best way to handle this ? Should he just mail me a money order or such ?

Thanx.

Be careful! Had this happen recently and we sent a cancellation to the bidder who bid even though they were told before bidding that we didn't ship to their country. They left a negative feedback 2 months after the fact and lied in their feedback and eBay still would do nothing about it.

Also, if you do want to complete the transaction through Paypal to a PayPal verified address only and when payment is received, mark as paid in EBay.