PDA

View Full Version : Check out today's Antique Store finds

Blitzu
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm real excited about these two I picked up today. I saw this box last week and passed up it but couldn't stop thinking about it all week so I went back and grabbed it today. The sides are painted over but I love the ends, especially that it's Chicago.

Also the chair is great, and I got it at a good price so I'm real happy. It's rare to come across any of the T206 tobacco brands and I love this piece.

I just wanted to share :) Thanks

Jared

freakhappy
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Great pickups Jared! Love the Piedmont chairs. I've seen those on eBay before....great piece :)

How big is that Tobacco box? Looks really big....

Blitzu
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks! The box is quite large, much larger than I usually see for tobacco boxes. It's approximately 3 feet long and about 16 inches high.

I also found last week a Drummond Horse Shoe wooden panel that was probably from a box similar in size.

freakhappy
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
That's awesome stuff...really like the pics too :D

I like that Drummond's box as well...can't help but to love the oldies :)

I'm glad you went back and picked those up. It's better to grab them while you can, then regret it later....hate that feeling!

Blitzu
01-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I've done that all too often and end up kicking myself... I even passed up a pretty rare tobacco can a few months back and went back this week to the same place hoping it was till there. It was gone of course. :( I found another at a store but had to pay double to get it.

I go out looking for anything ATC related at antique stores almost every weekend and get soo excited when I find something cool.

teetwoohsix
01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Great pick ups !!

I hunt around myself but I don't find anything that cool. Very nice, thanks for posting those & congrats !!

Sincerely, Clayton

E93
01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Awesome. Nice find.
JimB

Blitzu
01-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey Clayton, Ohh trust me, these finds are very unusual, and I hit probably 10 stores over half the State of Wisconsin to find those. Most places are a bust.

I have to find ways to keep myself interested during the hunts so I also look for several other specific things everywhere I go. That way I can grab other items for good prices that I can flip on ebay while feeding my needs.

Next weekend will be a fun... Going to southern IL and St. Louis areas.

teetwoohsix
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey Clayton, Ohh trust me, these finds are very unusual, and I hit probably 10 stores over half the State of Wisconsin to find those. Most places are a bust.

I have to find ways to keep myself interested during the hunts so I also look for several other specific things everywhere I go. That way I can grab other items for good prices that I can flip on ebay while feeding my needs.

Next weekend will be a fun... Going to southern IL and St. Louis areas.

:D Good luck on your hunt. I laughed when you said you hit 10 stores over half of the State of Wisconsin !! :D I've mostly hunted just locally and hit some places in Southern California and usually end up with not much. But, as you can see, it can happen. I always look through any old photo albums, and hunt through old letters,,,kind of fun even if you don't score. Congrats again !!

Sincerely, Clayton