PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Collect Vintage Star Wars?!?

Big Six
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Over the Christmas break, got a chance to watch A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back with my girls...this led to digging out my late-70's Star Wars figures (of which I have about 27 different but only the Hoth Stormtrooper has a gun anymore). Anyway, I picked up some clear plastic stands off eBay so I can display them in my office...

All that said, anyone on here collect Star Wars figures? I'm only interested in the classic three movies of which I played with as a kid. Thinking of picking up better condition examples for my collection...anyone have any experience with AFA...particularly graded loose examples? Not really that interested in figures still in packaging...feel free to contact me with any tips, links, suggestions relative to what I've shared above. Gotta love those old Star Wars films...

CW
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I also enjoy the original trilogy and just about anything related to it (eg. the Family Guy parody episodes, the music etc.). I thought the 3 followup movies all left much to be desired.

I don't have any children myself, but I think it's very cool that you are able to watch these movies now with your children, Matt. Who would've known, back then, that you would've had the enjoyment of seeing the same looks on their faces that you had back in 1977?

I also don't collect anything related to Star Wars. I might have a few of my original figures, but I lost the X-Wing Starfighter and TIE fighter I got for Christmas back in 1978 (see first pic).

However, a couple months ago, I won my first (and only) auction from the Topps Vault, and it happened to be Star Wars related. They were selling off the 3 original artworks that were used as the backgrounds for the Topps Star Wars stickers that were inserted into packs of cards. All were space scenes, but only 2 of the 3 had X-Wings in the painting. I thought it was a cool piece, and a nice connection to my childhood, so I couldn't resist.

dgo71
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I stopped collecting years ago, but I still have all my old toys. I had every figure produced from 1977-1985, and all are still in great condition with their weapons. I even have a few still in the package, but these were picked up years later in my early adult life. I still have a lot of the ships, old displays, 12" action figures (they aren't DOLLS dammit!) and the vintage Topps cards. Some day I'd like to have a room to display all this stuff, but for now the sports memorabilia takes center stage.

HRBAKER
01-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm down to this C3PO "error" RC. It's good for a laugh or two a year.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s172/hrbaker/Decorated%20images/strwrs207.jpg

dgo71
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Ah, the centerpiece of any vintage Topps SW collection!