PDA

View Full Version : Proof people knowingly buy forgeries

Plinvestments
12-30-2012, 07:27 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Roger-Maris-signed-American-League-Baseball-/330848536485?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4d081c07a5

RichardSimon
12-30-2012, 09:44 AM
And the seller admits that he could not get it authenticated by PSA.
These bidders are truly morons.

thetruthisoutthere
12-30-2012, 09:53 AM
And the seller admits that he could not get it authenticated by PSA.
These bidders are truly morons.

Here is that "lovely" piece from Ebay seller "bbcardstor."

r2678
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Many eBay buyers don't bother to read the description. I can almost guarantee you that the winner of this auction will be such a buyer and will be thrilled about the "steal" he just made.

GrayGhost
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Hideous signatures

canjond
12-30-2012, 01:00 PM
No offense to the OP, and although I don't disagree with respect to the above ball, but just because PSA says it's no good doesn't mean bidders are purposely buying forgeries.

I have a few autographs I got in-person that I submitted to PSA on one of their bargain days and they came back no good. If I was to sell those signature and disclosed that although PSA rejected the autograph, I personally got it signed and it was 100% authentic, it would just mean that any bidders in that auction would know more about that signature than PSA did.

Plinvestments
12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
No offense to the OP, and although I don't disagree with respect to the above ball, but just because PSA says it's no good doesn't mean bidders are purposely buying forgeries.

I have a few autographs I got in-person that I submitted to PSA on one of their bargain days and they came back no good. If I was to sell those signature and disclosed that although PSA rejected the autograph, I personally got it signed and it was 100% authentic, it would just mean that any bidders in that auction would know more about that signature than PSA did.

Looking at that ball and the seller's description, I can come to no other conclusion that these bidders are true morons.

bobbyw8469
12-30-2012, 01:48 PM
bbcardstor is pathetic and nothing that they do surprises me....I have a bad experience with them as a buyer of one of my auctions and I had to block them from future bidding.....

Wymers Auction
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Looking at that ball and the seller's description, I can come to no other conclusion that these bidders are true morons.

They must have more money than they need. I would like to see them send these "treasures" to a reputable auction. The laughs would be deafening.