PDA

View Full Version : Reach Mini Baseball signed by Tris Speaker?

Browncow75
12-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Hey all... I am looking at a Reach mini baseball autographed by Tris Speaker. It is a really nice quality autograph. The ball is heavily shellacked though. Can you give me an idea of its actual value? I know a shellacked ball is less value than Not. Just unsure by how much. Thanks! Brandon

daves_resale_shop
12-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Can you post a photo of the ball?

Browncow75
12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Cant figure out how to post pics From My phone. Its a Harridge ball with original box.

thecatspajamas
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Cant figure out how to post pics From My phone. Its a Harridge ball with original box.

This the one you're looking at? Let me know if you wind up winning it, as I'd actually be more interested in seeing the box up close as I've never seen one for a mini ball.

Browncow75
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Thats the one. Are you planning to bid? hope I can win, LOL.

MGHPro
12-30-2012, 06:09 PM
The other signature and the heavy shellac will keep the value down..Cool display piece

thecatspajamas
12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I won't be jumping in the mix on this one, but as I said, I would be interested in seeing and/or purchasing the box if anyone else does win it (provided it is actually mini-ball size, hard to tell from the photos). I guess I could try to win it and flip the ball but keep the box, but that seems backwards somehow :p

Browncow75
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Where would you suggest looking for vintage player signer baseballs? Am I limited to feebay? Not Just looking for Bordes, Just clip pieces. Thanks!

earlywynnfan
01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
I won't be jumping in the mix on this one, but as I said, I would be interested in seeing and/or purchasing the box if anyone else does win it (provided it is actually mini-ball size, hard to tell from the photos). I guess I could try to win it and flip the ball but keep the box, but that seems backwards somehow :p

The box is NOT mini-sized, and I'm not sure it goes with the ball. It has no special markings.

Ken

thecatspajamas
01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Ken,
I appreciate the added info. It was a little hard to tell from the angle of the shot with the ball inside the box, but as I said, I've never seen an original box for a mini ball (not even sure they exist), so I don't know how much extra space they would be allowed inside the box. Makes sense though that the box should be just slightly larger than the ball, as with full-sized balls.

earlywynnfan
01-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Sold for $1250 + the juice.