PDA

View Full Version : Nadja premiums

sportscardpete
12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have any thought into what a nadja-backed e104-1,2, and 3 premium would be? 20%, 30%, maybe even 100% compared to a blanked-bank nadja? This goes for HOFer and Non-Hofer. I was under the assumption that there was a big premium of a nadja back vs. blank bank, but I now believe that this premium may be small for all three series, or at least shrinking.

Any input would be great!

caramelcard
12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Pete,

When I collected E104 I felt that there wasn't really a large premium for the nadja backs, but that collectors would love it if they came across one. I would've paid more for one and I know a couple other collectors (back then) that would have too. The cards from type 2 and especially 3 are so tough that any addition to your collection is significant, whether it's blank or nadja.

However, as you know, it's clear that the nadja cards are way tougher and deserve a premium. Just not enough folks collecting them out in the open to determine if they're getting one.

I still think that type 3 E104s are the most intriguing caramel issue because of the possibility of new additions...maybe even hof additions.

Rob

philliesphan
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I've never seen a huge price differential between the blank and Nadja-backed E104-IIIs, but, as already referenced, a lot of that may be attributable to the notion that so few examples are extant, that there is not a robust enough supply/demand marketplace to create data points on pricing differentials.

Marc

Leon
12-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Personally, I put a premium on Blanke Wenneker, Nadja-backed E104s and I know many other collectors do too, but I don't know exactly how much. I guess about a 25% -30% premium on a HOF'er and a 200%-300% premium on commons could be close. The HOF'ers are so expensive to start with I just don't think their value goes way up. That being said each HOF'er might have it's own valuation escalator. I think a Mack or a Plank might be a little more while Clarke et al... fits into the 25% escalation estimate. Just educated guesses on my part. And I still need a type 3 w/Nadja back, in decent gd - gd+ condition. (if I am begging might as well beg for what I really want)

http://luckeycards.com/pe104plankthomaskrausex3.jpg