PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on vintage musial picture

GrayGhost
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
my friend wants me to try and sell two Musial signed pieces. A Ball, which I have little doubt on, and is FS in the autograph BST section and a vintage Musial team issue I believe.

Here is a closeup. Almost looks like a stamp in a way. I will be selling this, but want to be sure which, as a cool picture or a cool REAL SIGNED pic. THANKS ALL:)

Deertick
12-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Take a look at it under power. You should be able to tell quite quickly. If you don't have a loupe, hold it at an angle (or lightly touch, or check the reverse) to see if there is an impression into the photo. But a loupe is your best friend here.

GrayGhost
12-22-2012, 09:45 PM
http://www.buyit-sellit.com/image.aspx?folder=auc00128&picture=82673-2

found that in a direct search. too similar IMO..style wise and such, meaning I fear a stamp in both cases, but on further view, the "signature" isn't exactly in same spot, etc. Photo is exactly the same. a 5x7 team issue. What do you guys think?

The one on link was in a Midwest estate auctions site, and was sold

prewarsports
12-22-2012, 10:15 PM
The photo is a stamped signature Musial used in the 1950's. I have seen several and most are on smaller 5X7 black and white photos with a couple of different poses.

Rhys

GrayGhost
12-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks sir. now, I can sell it as what it REALLY is. My friend will be disappointed, but he is older and his eyesight isn't quite wht it was.