toyman55
12-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Is this a good one?

JimStinson
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Yup

toyman55
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I bought this yesterday on ebay and I have had one person say it's real but it is offered by Herman Darvik who in the past was accused of forgery. He sell a lot on ebay now with no complaints.
Anyway, please a little help before I submit it to PSA.

Mr. Zipper
12-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I bought this yesterday on ebay and I have had one person say it's real but it is offered by Herman Darvik who

Didn't Jim state previously it was good? Can't get much more reassurance than that.

I'm curious why you would crop the inscription the first time around. Isn't that a key part of the equation?

I don't know Herman Darvick and never had any personal contact with him. But it's really not cool repeating in writing junk you've read from smear web sites.

toyman55
12-20-2012, 01:30 PM
I didn't think about cropping it the first time as I wanted opinions.

I am sorry you take offense to my quoting a small portion of what I read on google. I did say as you saw in my response "He has no complaints on ebay". I will be more careful in the future about saying positive's about people rather than negatives I have read or heard.

I love this site though I see a lot of people calling others out for what they perceive as wrong when most of us are just learning or making an unintentional error in judgement.
I feel it would be better instead of calling people out in a post to send a kinder more personal not to the person letting them know your thoughts rather than doing it on a site.

As a collector of baseball memorabilia now for over 40 years I want to thank all for their constant help and I wish all a very Happy Holiday and a Great New Years.

P.S. thanks Mr. Zipper and I posted again because Jim said to ask for more opinions.

jgmp123
12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Toyman,

I am the high bidder on a few of the Harvick items for sale at the moment...I was worried after I read a great deal of info (that I was unaware of) in regards to Harvick, but the autographs all look good.

What I do know is that Harvick was a past authenticator for PSA...He is also the name on the authentication letter for the terrible Shoeless Joe Jackson signed book that appeared on "PawnStars"

So I understand the worry or hesitation with purchasing from him....I too share the same worry...:(

Deertick
12-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Toyman,

I am the high bidder on a few of the Harvick items for sale at the moment...I was worried after I read a great deal of info (that I was unaware of) in regards to Harvick, but the autographs all look good.

What I do know is that Harvick was a past authenticator for PSA...He is also the name on the authentication letter for the terrible Shoeless Joe Jackson signed book that appeared on "PawnStars"

So I understand the worry or hesitation with purchasing from him....I too share the same worry...:(

My impression is that he is human and makes mistakes. I don't attribute any mistakes that he has made to being intentional or fraudulent, unlike *some* in his field. But like many others, he has difficulty admitting his fallibility.
Ego has made me an idiot occasionally. :)

JimStinson
12-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Bingo ! after seeing the inscription I am even more confident it is good....Lets move on
Happy Holidays
p.s. Next time post the whole thing and we will be better able to assist. There are some pretty darn intelligent people on this board

travrosty
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
here is darvicks book with an example of a babe ruth autograph on the cover that only matches the three babe ruths that barry halper had in his possession. two on the babe ruth hair envelope and letter, and one on the 500 homerun signature page that almost everyone in the hobby dismisses as NOT a babe ruth autograph. Including the irascible Mr. zipper, who calls this style of babe ruth signature the product of a possible super scammer, that being halper. Even Christresh calls that ruth an awful babe ruth. why is it on the cover of Darvick's book?

http://zipper68.blogspot.com/2011/04/famous-500-home-run-sheet-with-fake.html

why is darvick calling this a babe ruth? i never saw another one other than the 3 halper babe ruths, but this is a distinct, 4th autograph of that same kind.

where did darvick get this image of ruth? did he know halper? Halper was a bidder in auctions. I would like to know the connection between halper, darvick and these babe ruth autographs that no one else seems to have in their collections. i asked darvick and he had the courtesy to offer no response.

travrosty
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM