PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Sale...

jgmp123
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Guys,

Steiner just opened up a name your own price promotion today and I was needing some Derek Jeter signatures for some frame work I am planning on doing soon...Going to get the cuts matted and framed.

Just wanted to pass along what I was able to get for amazing prices...

Derek Jeter Signature Cut: $125
http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-photo-chit.html

Derek Jeter Signed Altoona Curve Base: $325
http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-signed-altoona-curve-at-trenton-thunder-3rd-base-7-02-thru-7-03-2011-fj534281.html

Derek Jeter Signature Cut on Board: $200
http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-chit-matte-board.html

dgo71
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Wow. I think it might be time to put my signed RCs in some slab holders!

earlywynnfan
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
$125 for a signed slip of paper from Jeter is a steal???

Holy Crap!!!

Ken

jgmp123
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
$125 for a signed slip of paper from Jeter is a steal???

Holy Crap!!!

Ken

Coming from Steiner, yes it is...and the fact that I landed a game used base signed by Jeter for $350 is worth the little extra for the cut. Go to eBay and you will see that the $125 isn't that far off...

Fuddjcal
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
If it's a Jeter from Steiner.....it's a FADER!!!!

The INK they use on ALL his OVERPRICED crap never stays on the item:mad::p;):confused::confused::confused::confus ed::confused::confused::confused::confused:

maybe some dummy at Steiner can tell us why all the $400-$500.00 Jeter items on snow white balls fade off the ball right in front of your eyes Displayed or not???

Just like that stupid base has his signature barely sticking on it. Barely worth the price of the base. It looks like he signed it and then they played the season with it. HORRIBLE.

He's not even that good. Who hurts themselves fielding a routine grounder besides Rafael Furcal? I'd rather have a "Fookie" signed base that actually sticks on the base instead of that mess.

jgmp123
12-10-2012, 08:31 PM

The INK they use on ALL his OVERPRICED crap never stays on the item:mad::p;):confused::confused::confused::confus ed::confused::confused::confused::confused:

maybe some dummy at Steiner can tell us why all the $400-$500.00 Jeter items on snow white balls fade off the ball right in front of your eyes Displayed or not???

Just like that stupid base has his signature barely sticking on it. Barely worth the price of the base. It looks like he signed it and then they played the season with it. HORRIBLE.

He's not even that good. Who hurts themselves fielding a routine grounder besides Rafael Furcal. I'd rather have a "Fookie" signed ball.

Couple things: I'm a Braves fan and understand how good of a player Jeter is....for you to say he isn't that good, without a hint of sarcasm is ignorant. And to compare Jeter to Rafael Furcal, who lived on the DL when he was a Brave, is even more ignorant.
I was simply letting some others know what was available. I'm sorry that upset you Fudd.
It really wasn't necessary for you to come to this thread....

Fuddjcal
12-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Couple things: I'm a Braves fan and understand how good of a player Jeter is....for you to say he isn't that good, without a hint of sarcasm is ignorant. And to compare Jeter to Rafael Furcal, who lived on the DL when he was a Brave, is even more ignorant.
I was simply letting some others know what was available. I'm sorry that upset you Fudd.
It really wasn't necessary for you to come to this thread....

It was a joke and no I'm not kidding about the Autograph being "GAME USED"

Didn't upset me. I just think he is an ass for charging the kind of money he does is all for autographs that are worthless 6 months -2 years later when they fade into oblivion ala that base you bought. Do you think the ink is going to get any better on it? Do you think a company should put out items for that much money that break apart 2 years later? I don't. Sorry I didn't ad LOLOLOLOLO, but I already used all my LOLOLOLS this month.

and another thing....it's always necessary for Fudd to add the asses point to the thread!

jgmp123
12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Not sure what this means: "and another thing....it's always necessary for Fudd to add the asses point to the thread!"

But, I don't know much about the autos from Steiner fading, but I do know that I didn't feel the prices were that bad..which is why I posted this. If you'd like, I can ask Leon to delete the thread? Would that help?

jgmp123
12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Forgot to add an LOL...I have to use mine up, so thought I could let you borrow one...

It shouldn't fade.

jimjim
12-11-2012, 05:10 AM

He's not even that good. Who hurts themselves fielding a routine grounder besides Rafael Furcal? I'd rather have a "Fookie" signed base that actually sticks on the base instead of that mess.

So true. Not sure what pen they use, but so many of the baseballs that are signed at Steiner (not just Jeter) fade over time. I emailed them a few months ago to give them feedback and suggestions including just using a good ole Bic Cristal pen, but of course I got no response.

mschwade
12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
James - is that promo on their site or was it just an email?

Thanks,
Matt

jgmp123
12-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Not sure...I haven't checked the site...I got the email from one of their sales rep. I forwarded the email to you.

mschwade
12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Hrmm, I never got it... mschwade at gmail dot com? Can you please try again? Thanks James!

jgmp123
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Hrmm, I never got it... mschwade at gmail dot com? Can you please try again? Thanks James!

sent again...check your SPAM folder...

HOF Auto Rookies
12-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Sorry I didn't ad LOLOLOLOLO, but I already used all my LOLOLOLS this month.

That was awesome lol, need to use that today at work when someone tried to be funny :)