PDA

View Full Version : Brutal, but amusing - Ruth & Gehrig

Shoeless Moe
12-09-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Lou-Gehrig-1927-New-York-Yankees-Signed-Baseball-See-Description-/330842337134?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4d07bd6f6e

thecatspajamas
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Wow, in 3 lines of description I count 5 separate times he says "it could be fake or it could be real" or some variation thereof. If that doesn't inspire confidence, I don't know what would! :p

dgo71
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
This has been pulled. But it seems for every fake that gets pulled down another takes its place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-New-York-Yankees-Multi-Signed-Ball-Babe-Ruth-Lou-Gehrig-Full-PSA-DNA-/160938291484?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2578ab711c

mschwade
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
This has been pulled. But it seems for every fake that gets pulled down another takes its place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-New-York-Yankees-Multi-Signed-Ball-Babe-Ruth-Lou-Gehrig-Full-PSA-DNA-/160938291484?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2578ab711c

Why are you so sure it is fake? I am not saying some of these aren't, but the Pat Collins looks okay to me.

dgo71
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Why are you so sure it is fake? I am not saying some of these aren't, but the Pat Collins looks okay to me.

I'm no expert but the Gehrig and Ruth looked off to me. I didn't even bother looking at Collins and the others. Besides, if one sig on the ball is fake, that in my mind negates any others that might be legit. Who wants a half-real ball?

mschwade
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm no expert but the Gehrig and Ruth looked off to me. I didn't even bother looking at Collins and the others. Besides, if one sig on the ball is fake, that in my mind negates any others that might be legit. Who wants a half-real ball?

Plenty of people want team signed Yankees balls that have legit signatures, but clubhouse Ruth's.

dgo71
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Plenty of people want team signed Yankees balls that have legit signatures, but clubhouse Ruth's.

To each his own. Just stating my opinion, sorry if you were offended by that. Do you know this seller, or just playing devil's advocate?

Deertick
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
To each his own. Just stating my opinion, sorry if you were offended by that. Do you know this seller, or just playing devil's advocate?

Sheesh, dial it down a notch! :eek: You asked a question and Matt gave you a legitimate answer.

dgo71
12-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Sheesh, dial it down a notch! :eek: You asked a question and Matt gave you a legitimate answer.

:confused:
I'm not dialed "up"....I was just asking if he knew the seller or just had a differing opinion. I thought that was a fair question to ask... ???

Trust me, my intent is not to stir up trouble around here.

I suppose "fair enough" may have been a better choice of words than "to each his own." But the ball is not listed as a "Pat Collins signed ball", the title speaks directly to Ruth and Gehrig. I've never seen an "L" without the large loop like this one has, and the "B" in Ruth's sig looked off to me. Like I said, I'm no expert in these guys but I've looked (longingly) at many, many examples of both signatures and these didn't sit right. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't drop close to 3 grand on this thing. JMHO.

mschwade
12-13-2012, 07:00 AM

No, I have zero clue who the seller is. Just lending another perspective.

Leon
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
guess it got taken down.....