PDA

View Full Version : Value of Pennant

brownscollector78
12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I do not have this version of Browns pennant.

I may purchase this item for the right price.

Given it's condition issues, what do you think would be its value?

perezfan
12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
$75 max.... that's a lot of damage. Nice to fill holes in the collection, but I wouldn't go nuts on this one.

Just my .02

brownscollector78
12-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah I was thinking around 60.00

I don't have this one and like it, aside from the damage to the tip obviously

Thanks so much for your response

vintagesportflips
12-06-2012, 06:42 AM
I agree that I think a fair price is somewhere in the $50 to $80 range.
Fairly uncommon series of pennants, but not in great shape. I think this only pertains to the Eagles variety, but about 5 years ago a gentleman emailed me who had found a bunch of this style Eagles pennant in the back of a warehouse as new unusued stock. I bought the majority of what he had - they were all in gem mint condition. Since that find the Eagles ones have become a little more common.

Duluth Eskimo
12-06-2012, 01:23 PM
If you can get it cheap I say go for it. The pennant is a classic late 40's style and a tough item for a Browns collector. You obviously like it and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have a problem with early pennants in my personal collection having a little damage because I am not selling them. The pennants that I have for sale are generally exmt or better as it bothers people. The way I see it if you like it and can pick up a $300 pennant (exmt) for $50 go for it.

brownscollector78
12-07-2012, 04:18 AM
I agree that I think a fair price is somewhere in the $50 to $80 range.
Fairly uncommon series of pennants, but not in great shape. I think this only pertains to the Eagles variety, but about 5 years ago a gentleman emailed me who had found a bunch of this style Eagles pennant in the back of a warehouse as new unusued stock. I bought the majority of what he had - they were all in gem mint condition. Since that find the Eagles ones have become a little more common.

Wow that would be quite a find!

brownscollector78
12-07-2012, 04:19 AM
If you can get it cheap I say go for it. The pennant is a classic late 40's style and a tough item for a Browns collector. You obviously like it and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have a problem with early pennants in my personal collection having a little damage because I am not selling them. The pennants that I have for sale are generally exmt or better as it bothers people. The way I see it if you like it and can pick up a $300 pennant (exmt) for $50 go for it.

I agree, I always prefer value but condition does matter to me somewhat..I guess it just depends on how bad.

Thanks so much for your replies guys.

There should be more football related threads on this board :)