PDA

View Full Version : Opinion need on Ebay Mulit HOF signed ball

brewcrewfan77
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I stumbled upon this on the 'bay and am looking for some assistance. What is the concensus on this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221158964526?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Sorry about the lack of pictures but I'm not that computer literate.

I'm not a huge autograph guy, but was intrigued by this.

Any help is always appreciated.

Cheers!

perezfan
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Not sure of you are seeking opinions on the asking price for the ball, or the fact that the sigs are legit.

The sigs all look authentic, but there are no real "toughies" on there. It is pretty cool that they all listed their years of induction. As far as the price... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Only you can determine what it's worth to you.

Leon
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
That is certainly one of the prettier signed balls I have seen. Very sharp looking..,.and I have no idea about the legitimacy of the autographs....Not my cup o tea,

brewcrewfan77
11-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the input. I was mainly looking to see if the sigs were legit. I have a few auto balls but nothing on that scale. What's your opinion on the price? I know they're not real toughies but for the sheer amount of them I didn't think it was that bad.

Thanks for helping a "newb" on this.

cottnat
11-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Autos all look legit and although most of the ball is filled with guys that (or did) sign a ton (Jenkins, Fingers, Killebrew, Feller), there are some nice ones included like Spahn, Rizzuto and Slaughter. Don't really care for Marichal on the sweet spot but that might just be me.

If you are newer to collecting, before dropping $250 on a ball like this, try to figure out if it fits into a collection that you can see yourself starting. When I first got going, I would love something like this, only to want to sell it later to continue what I really liked collecting (primarily single signed baseballs on the sweet spot with HOF inscription). Like someone else said though, its up to you to figure if its worth it.

Sean1125
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I like the Killebrew, Kiner, Feller, Jenkins, and Boudreau, I can't attest to any of the others as I am not incredibly familiar with them.

perezfan
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
They all appear good. Plus, these are not signatures that would typically be forged. The "risk vs. reward" is simply not there. If you want to shell out for his asking price, rest assured the ball is authentic.

Scott Garner
12-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I concur with Mark and the others on this thread that all of these signatures are legit. The Spahn is definitely very late in his career and probably signed in 2002 or 2003, FWIW.

bender07
12-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Autos all look legit and although most of the ball is filled with guys that (or did) sign a ton (Jenkins, Fingers, Killebrew, Feller), there are some nice ones included like Spahn, Rizzuto and Slaughter. Don't really care for Marichal on the sweet spot but that might just be me.

If you are newer to collecting, before dropping $250 on a ball like this, try to figure out if it fits into a collection that you can see yourself starting. When I first got going, I would love something like this, only to want to sell it later to continue what I really liked collecting (primarily single signed baseballs on the sweet spot with HOF inscription). Like someone else said though, its up to you to figure if its worth it.
Good advice