PDA

View Full Version : Jim Stinson & Hurricane Sandy relief - autograph authentication

JimStinson
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I am asked often for opinions regarding autographs, Being an autograph dealer for over three decades ......and I have always done so for free to my customers and friends.

However there is still a dire emergency existing in the Northeast as the result of Hurricane SANDY. The media has moved on to other events but the problem remains. So for those of you that would like opinions regarding autographs I would respectfully request that a $20.00 donation be made to the AMERICAN RED CROSS that is helping to put the lives back together of those that have been destroyed. Here is the link. Make a donation and send me as many scans as you would like , $20.00 Per autograph. It does NOT go in my pocket This offer is good until December 1st..Cheers

http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

jgmp123
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Jim,
Let me be the first to say that your opinion is one that I respect greatly and I plan on making a $100 donation later tonight, would you like for us to make the donation in your name or anyone you have in mind...

Thanks,
James Graham

Leon
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
This is a great cause and is copied from the autograph forum. Thanks Jim and all who participate in the relief, and on the forum in general. Good luck and best regards

ethicsprof
11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I second the preceding positive comments.
Thank you very much for your efforts.
all the best,
barry

drc
11-26-2012, 07:39 PM
For those unfamiliar with him, Jim is is a highly respected autograph expert. In fact, I've more than once her other autograph experts recommend him.

Leon
11-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I will donate $60 to the Red Cross, for this side of the board to have 3 autograph opinions ($20 each) from Jim. All anyone has to do is post in this thread that they want to take advantage of it. The only caveat is that you can not use the ones I just donated on the autograph side. I will make the donation by tomorrow. One per member please. Thanks again Jim.

drc
11-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I have no autographs. Well nothing worth more than $2. Otherwise, I'd take advantage.

Danny Smith
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Ill donate this week and send you a scan Jim. Great idea. Thanks.

Danny

chaddurbin
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I will donate $60 to the Red Cross, for this side of the board to have 3 autograph opinions ($20 each) from Jim. All anyone has to do is post in this thread that they want to take advantage of it. The only caveat is that you can not use the ones I just donated on the autograph side. I will make the donation by tomorrow. One per member please. Thanks again Jim.

amazed these still haven't been claimed. this side just avoid the autographs.

drc
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Perhaps folks have been contacting him privately.

Leon
11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
amazed these still haven't been claimed. this side just avoid the autographs.

The offer is open. I wlll make the full donation today. I wouldn't hold back.....this is because I appreciate what Jim is doing and it's a great cause. There are a lot of people in need. No, we can't cure the whole world's issues but we can do a little bit to help. And with Jim leading the charge on this I am happy to help a tiny bit. Hopefully the other authentication opinions will be taken advantage of. Heck, I might even have one I can dig up.

As a matter of fact, I will claim one right now and post it later. I don't think it's good but we will see....so, now there are 2 left.

aaroncc
11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
I'll take one I will have to scan it when I get home and send it to Jim. Thanks Leon and Jim.

Leon
11-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Perhaps folks have been contacting him privately.

Understand, but my offer is that they have to post in this thread to get my offer. I am sure Jim appreciates ALL donations to help. It looks like there is only 1 remaining. Thanks again....

71buc
11-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I made a donation and sent Jim a scan of my Clemente. The detail of his response was amazing. He definitely goes above and beyond in his assessment. I am both pleased and very impressed. Best of all there is not a sticker attached:p

chaddurbin
11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
ok i'll claim the last spot for something i just won. spent $750 for this $20 freebie :rolleyes: