PDA

View Full Version : Jim Stinson & Hurricane Sandy relief - autograph authentication

JimStinson
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I am asked often for opinions regarding autographs, Being an autograph dealer for over three decades ......and I have always done so for free to my customers and friends.

However there is still a dire emergency existing in the Northeast as the result of Hurricane SANDY. The media has moved on to other events but the problem remains. So for those of you that would like opinions regarding autographs I would respectfully request that a $20.00 donation be made to the AMERICAN RED CROSS that is helping to put the lives back together of those that have been destroyed. Here is the link. Make a donation and send me as many scans as you would like , $20.00 Per autograph. It does NOT go in my pocket This offer is good until December 1st..Cheers

http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

jgmp123
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Jim,
Let me be the first to say that your opinion is one that I respect greatly and I plan on making a $100 donation later tonight, would you like for us to make the donation in your name or anyone you have in mind...

Thanks,
James Graham

JimStinson
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Thank you for the response ..Make the donation in your name, I am not looking for credit. Just want to help in any small way I can

jgmp123
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Done!

Jim,

If you don't mind, let us know what kind of response you get...would love to see the impact you and Net54 can make!!!

James

JimStinson
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you ..So Far the response has been tremendous
Sincere and unmeasurable thanks
JIM

isaac2004
11-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I took Jim up on his offer and cannot be any more happy with the outcome, he truly is a pleasure to work with and knows his stuff like few others. Everyone here should use this opportunity, not only to get an expert opinion on an item, but to donate to a great cause.

Thanks again Jim!

JimStinson
11-28-2012, 01:12 PM
With the help of NET54 , we've just broke through $500.00 in contributions to the Red Cross. My offer still stands ! See thread above.

Even THE BOSS had something to say about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44wkHSID28

Leon
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I will donate $100 for 5 autograph opinions from Jim. It will be for the next 5 people that post in this thread and say they would like to take advantage of it. One per member please. It is the least I can do for all of Jim's contributions to the forum. I will make the donation by tomorrow. Thanks again Jim.

HOF Auto Rookies
11-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I will donate $100 for 5 autograph opinions from Jim. It will be for the next 5 people that post in this thread and say they would like to take advantage of it. One per member please. It is the least I can do for all of Jim's contributions to the forum. I will make the donation by tomorrow. Thanks again Jim.

Wow Leon, you are quite a class act. I have no autographs at this moment to be reviewed, but thank you

MooseDog
11-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Leon -

Class act indeed! I would like to take advantage of your generous offer. I'll send a scan to Jim when I get home from work.

Jay Wolt
11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Leon, I'll take advantage of it too
Have an oddball auto that Jim may be familiar with
Thanks!

Leon
11-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks for using them guys. Don't tell anyone, but when these are used up there are also 3 available on the main, card side, in that thread. But please only one per member.

JimStinson
11-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks to one and all ....
Phone numbers are
1-800-HELP-NOW
1-800-435-7669

KEEP THE TRAIN ROLLING !!!!!

David Atkatz
11-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I'll take one, Leon, and save it for a rainy day.
(I don't feel bad doing so, though, because as a native New Yorker I donated long before Jim made his more-than-generous offer.)

ecRich
11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I will take one. Thanks Leon and Jim.

gashouse34
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Leon -

Class act indeed! I would like to take advantage of your generous offer. I'll send a scan to Jim when I get home from work.

Thanks Leon! I'll take advantage of the offer too if okay! I have a mantle ball I'd like to have looked at (who doesn't):) and will send Jim a scan later after work. I will still plan to make a donation in near future as its a great cause! Brandon

JimStinson
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Bring em on...KEEP THE TRAIN ROLLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44wkHSID28

chaddurbin
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
i usually don't participate in these types of things but i texted a donation to red cross in honor of jim ($10). i figure he's provided me enough entertainment with his posts on here. don't have any sig currently to inquire about but when that time comes i'll work out another donation with jim if he's still up for it.

71buc
11-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Jim,
$20.00 donation submitted and scan sent. Thanks for your altruism and great idea.

Mike

Leon
11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
So when I go to donate, and follow that link in Jim's initial post, and follow the buttons to do it will there be a place/locale that asks where I prefer my money to go to? I want to make sure I do it correctly. thanks

JimStinson
11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I've used the "on line" link to the Red Cross and the toll free number and I find the toll free number to be easier because I can specify that the funds be directed to Hurricane Sandy relief, plus when I call direct and talk to a live person its usually a very friendly young lady...Maybe I'm just Lucky....wait thats YOUR handle (smile).

JimStinson
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Phone numbers are
1-800-HELP-NOW
1-800-435-7669

Leon
11-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Phone numbers are
1-800-HELP-NOW
1-800-435-7669

Well, I didn't speak with a nice young lady but I did speak with a nice young man. A $160 contribution has been made to Hurricane Sandy Relief. Thanks again Jim.

Kzoo
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Jim...........Great idea. Donation made and email coming your way soon. Thanks..........Matt

JimStinson
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Keep the train rolling ...................ONLY ONE DAY LEFT !!!!
Lets finish strong !
Friend JIM

cottnat
11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Jim,

I haven't been on this site long, but I have already taken advantage of your expertise (among others) with my 1927 Yankees ball. After dropping a descent chunk of change on it without knowing if it was real, having some expert opinions reply to my thread very quickly (even though I had 1 post) was a great feeling.

I have just contributed $150 to the Red Cross (and I gave them blood on Wednesday afternoon...but I usually do that anyway).

chaddurbin
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
ok before i send out the check, and thanks to leon for one of his freebies i'm submitting this walter johnson. description states it's black fountain pen on magazine paper. if the scan is not enough i guess we can wait until i get the picture in hand. supposedly it comes with an LOA from JSA, which they must've authenticated through glass because it's frame and matted.

it's jim's thread but anybody can participate, and i'm grateful for any opinion (some do weigh more than others, as it should :))

chaddurbin
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
just got a strong opinion (not jim's) that the sig is bad, this should get interesting :)

JimStinson
12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Let me extend sincere thanks to one and all on NET54 that participated. It was for the most part a "team" effort and in my opinion we knocked the ball out of the park. Original offer was to close out the free opinions and apprasials on the 1st but because of the response it was extended through yesterday evening.

Also thanks to those behind the scenes (they know who they are) that helped by giving me 2nd and 3rd opinions when needed.

I did the absolute best that I could to avoid those "Cookie cutter" answers about "formation and slant and that nonsense and instead tried to elaborate on details. I did the best I could working with scans alone. Those who contributed deserved my best effort and I tried my damnest to give it.

Amazingly ! A grand total of a little over $2,000 was generated (in the short time since this thread was started) to the American Red Cross to directly benefit the HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF effort and those families directly affected by this disaster !!!! Again Sincere thanks for helping to make this NET 54 effort a success.

Don't forget this problem is not going away any time soon

isaac2004
12-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Let me extend sincere thanks to one and all on NET54 that participated. It was for the most part a "team" effort and in my opinion we knocked the ball out of the park. Original offer was to close out the free opinions and apprasials on the 1st but because of the response it was extended through yesterday evening.

Also thanks to those behind the scenes (they know who they are) that helped by giving me 2nd and 3rd opinions when needed.

I did the absolute best that I could to avoid those "Cookie cutter" answers about "formation and slant and that nonsense and instead tried to elaborate on details. I did the best I could working with scans alone. Those who contributed deserved my best effort and I tried my damnest to give it.

Amazingly ! A grand total of a little over $2,000 was generated (in the short time since this thread was started) to the American Red Cross to directly benefit the HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF effort and those families directly affected by this disaster !!!! Again Sincere thanks for helping to make this NET 54 effort a success.

Don't forget this problem is not going away any time soon

Great job Jim and kudos to you for coming up with this idea!

r2678
12-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I would like to see you extend this offer. Unfortunately, I can't find the autos I would like to have checked! You know the story... I put them somewhere where I could find them.