PDA

View Full Version : Rec'd a nice surprise today, let's hear yours!!

iwantitiwinit
11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Had a nice surprise today. I was looking through a shoe box of graded PSA 1970 commons I had in the back of a closet and found a T206 SGC 50 Elberfeld portrait in the box. Put a smile on the my face. I have to guess several of you have found cards that you didn't know/remember that you had. Any stories?

William Todd
11-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Washington? Wow.

iwantitiwinit
11-24-2012, 02:08 PM
No New York, but still forgot that I had it. I actually placed a post on BST about 3 months ago looking for an Elberfeld and Magee portrait.

WTB: Magee and Elberfeld (NY) Portraits, PSA 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0, SGC 50 and 60

z28jd
11-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I have a T222 Zimmerman that I don't remember buying. I don't even remember ever trying to win one of those, but there it is along with my other type cards from sets I don't collect

Exhibitman
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I once lost a 1965 Lou Brock for about two years. PSA 8. It had slipped down inside a cabinet when I was moving a card binder and fell into a box. Two years later I went to get some envelopes from the cabinet and the card fell out of the envelope box.

Jantz
11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Actually the same thing also happened to me today.

The other day I talked to another board member about trading some cards. So I cracked the safe open today and found that somewhere along the line I forgot to cross off about a dozen T206s from my checklist. :o

Worked out well since now I have some trade bait. :)

Jantz

wolf441
11-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I once lost a 1965 Lou Brock for about two years. PSA 8. It had slipped down inside a cabinet when I was moving a card binder and fell into a box. Two years later I went to get some envelopes from the cabinet and the card fell out of the envelope box.

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me with a PSA 5 1933 Goudey Al Simmons. The card fell behind my bureau, but hung up on the TV cable cord, so it was pinned against the wall rather than falling to the floor. We were having our kitchen remodeled at the time and I remember telling my wife that one of the workers must have stolen it! She still won't let me forget it ten years later...:D

cobblove
11-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I lost a T206 PSA 3 Red Cobb for about 2 years. When cleaning out my closet I was throwing away unwanted things. I went to the dumpster with my old scanner and was about to throw it in. But just before while standing next to it I said you might as well check the inside. There was my cobb. I remember now I scaned it one day and the same day I bought a new scanner and threw that one in my closet. Cobb was almost in the dump. And i would have never known what happend to him.

drc
11-25-2012, 01:01 AM
National Game Cobb in a pile of desk papers.