PDA

View Full Version : OT: How do I capture a screen shot?

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:26 AM
I did a search "screen shot" but didn't see anything? Not sure if it matters but I'm using Google chrome. Any help would be great..:) Thanks in advance!

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:29 AM
top right of your keyboard, over the numbers there a button, says, "print screen"

Click "print screen" then open your , paint program, and click paste. Then you can save that immage. Top lelf of your pain program, scroll to "save as" then give it a name, and save it to your desktop, or where ever you want it.

HRBAKER
11-18-2012, 08:33 AM
You can also use Hyper Snap (cost to download) or the Microsoft Snipping Tool depending on which version of Windows you have.

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
top right of your keyboard, over the numbers there a button, says, "print screen"

Click "print screen" then open your , paint program, and click paste. Then you can save that immage. Top lelf of your pain program, scroll to "save as" then give it a name, and save it to your desktop, or where ever you want it.

hmmm? above the numbers on my lap top I have 7 buttons, scroll lock, INS, Home, PGUP, PGDN, End, DEL? I don't see a print screen?

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:35 AM
do u have a mac or a pc?

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:37 AM
do u have a mac or a pc?

PC lap top: Toshiba it's about 4yrs old

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:37 AM
ok - waht about a button that says - what about sysRq?

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:38 AM
ok - waht about a button that says - what about sysRq?

Yes I do have SYSRQ button

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
ok that is the AKA for "print screen", use that button when u have the screen up u want to capture. Then go to your paint program

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:42 AM
ok that is the AKA for "print screen", use that button when u have the screen up u want to capture. Then go to your paint program

ok next question. when I hit the button nothing happens, should a window pop up or something?

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:44 AM
nope, nothing will happen. Just go to your paint program, go to the top left of your screen, drop down to paste, and paste it in

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Got it thanks!!!!

EvilKing00
11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
awesome man, no problem

CobbSpikedMe
11-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Another tip for screenshots is if you have a window open on your screen and you only want to capture that smaller window without getting the whole screen you can hold Alt and press Print Screen and you will only capture the current window that is open. This way when you open say an image of a card in a new window on your screen you can capture just the window with the card instead of your whole screen. Hopefully my long winded explanation makes sense. :)

Give it a try and see how it works.

Thanks.

AndyH

Vegas-guy
11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Another tip for screenshots is if you have a window open on your screen and you only want to capture that smaller window without getting the whole screen you can hold Alt and press Print Screen and you will only capture the current window that is open. This way when you open say an image of a card in a new window on your screen you can capture just the window with the card instead of your whole screen. Hopefully my long winded explanation makes sense. :)

Give it a try and see how it works.

Thanks.

AndyH

Thanks I could even crop it..:) (Not my card by the way)

Ladder7
11-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Andy, thanks for that ALT tip.

For those with a Droid. The Dolphin browser has a screen capture add on (all free) that has a built-in crop function too. Works slick and easy. Maybe for iPhone too.

CobbSpikedMe
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Andy, thanks for that ALT tip.

For those with a Droid. The Dolphin browser has a screen capture add on (all free) that has a built-in crop function too. Works slick and easy. Maybe for iPhone too.

No problem Steve. I use the Alt screenshot all the time and was thrilled when someone showed that to me.

You can capture a screenshot on the iPhone by pressing both the power button on the top of the phone and the home button at the bottom on the face of the phone at the same time. It will save the screenshot in your pics and you can access them there. I've done this several times to get images of my favorite cards to use as my wallpapers on my phone.

Best,

AndyH

Tabe
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
If you find yourself wanting to do screenshots frequently, I recommend the free application "Screenhunter" by WisdomSoft. It allows you to hit a command key (like <F6>) and select a portion of the screen using your mouse to take a screenshot. Much easier for doing cropped views and so on to use it instead of Paint.

I work in software QA and do screenshots all the time. Screenhunter is a lifesaver for me.

Tabe