PDA

View Full Version : Another Day, Another Bogus Batch.

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 05:03 AM
This seller listed these last week. I reported all five cards to eBay as fake. The listings were never closed. They just ran their course without bids. Noe of us here would ever bid on them. The are fakes, bad fakes. I only worry that some "newbie", making his first T206 purchase would get screwed. Wouldn't that be a lovely introduction to our hobby?

Today, I sent the seller a polite message explaining about Black Sweet Caps and Red Piedmonts being completely bogus. Maybe he is not intentionally trying to screw anyone. There's always that slim chance, I guess. If I get a chance I will report these cards AGAIN.:eek:..Well I'm off to work......:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261128725341

Jayworld
11-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I have reported it to eBay.

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
I have reported it to eBay.

Thanks my friend.....Gotta look out for the newbies after all.....:)

GasHouseGang
11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I reported it to ebay too. It might get them to remove his listings.

cardinalcollector
11-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Looks like a 1983-85 Renata Galasso reprint with reprint erased from bottom of card, and diecut edges "smoothed" out.

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Somedays I spend more time reporting fakes than I do scrolling for cards that I want/need. I wouldn't mind if I saw any progress. The same vendors list the same cards over and over again. You would think that eBay would put a little more effort in policing such things, especially repeat offenders.:eek:

savedfrommyspokes
11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Somedays I spend more time reporting fakes than I do scrolling for cards that I want/need. I wouldn't mind if I saw any progress. The same vendors list the same cards over and over again. You would think that eBay would put a little more effort in policing such things, especially repeat offenders.:eek:

Mike, unfortunately ebay is understandingly reluctant to end these listings because they are making money off of the listing fees from these sellers listing the same cards over and over again

wazoo
11-16-2012, 11:10 AM
There was a fake the other day, sent a message to the guy saying it was a fake and no reply. Card is still on the Bay.

SetBuilder
11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
The seller says the purported 100 year old cards are "semi used".

:confused:

tschock
11-16-2012, 11:27 AM
If more of the big time ebay dealers reported this stuff, it would be a win-win for them (and us). And they really have more clout than my few hundred feedbacks. In the specific entry that started this thread, I seriously doubt ebay would "miss" their listing fee on this $20 item (from a 100 feedback seller) as much as they would in a report by (and constant pressure from) high volume dealers, IMHO.

(Yeah, I know. Dealers can "threaten" ebay but ebay knows "where would they go?") *sigh*

HOF Auto Rookies
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Love the high gloss finished and serrated edges

zljones
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I also reported the item as fraudulant listing

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I sent that message to the seller before 6AM Eastern today. So far, there has been no answer, defending himself or telling me off.

I have lost count of how many cards, tobacco or other eras that I have reported. I wonder how many of them "go away" after beng shut down. I would bet not many.

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Well, the vendor responded to my message from this morning. (sorta)

Dear bocabirdman,

- pickersparadise_mall

I guess this is a polite way to tell me to go take a flying leap.:D

tbob
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
My ebay feedback is over 7000 and 100% and they ignore me too when it comes to reporting obvious fakes so don't feel bad :(

Bocabirdman
11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
All five of the listings are stopped. by the seller? by eaBay? I dunno but they're done until they are re-listed....:D