PDA

View Full Version : Domino Disc submission to PSA question

lug-nut
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
I've searched past post for a bit but cant find the answer to this question.

What is the correct way to submit the discs to PSA? Is it considered a card or pack or what? How would I label them in the submission form? I'm asking now at 10pm (while watching SOAs) because PSA's not open to call and ask.

Thanks!

andybecker
11-14-2012, 05:46 AM
it's rated as a card, but goes into the coin division for holdering.

my info is stale, years old.....you should call them

glynparson
11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
only can be on an invoice with other discs, pins or coins.

tbob
11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
My question is why would you want to slab any Domino Discs? I am nearing a complete set and they look fantastic displayed all together in a glass front display case (I don't know the exact term for it). Besides PSA is all over the place in grading these, I've busted out PSA 4s that look nrmt and PSA 8s that looked vg. Very subjective grading on the discs, much more so than on the cards....

tbob
11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
On second thought, if you wanted to sell them you would probaby get a better price for them slabbed by PSA, but if you wanted to collect them, I would leave them raw and display them together...

lug-nut
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I do plan on keeping and displaying them but wanted them protected in a holder for the most part. Haven't thought of a way to do both just yet. I went with one of each color front instead of specific players. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll give it a little bit to figure out a display.

Anyone got anything different than just laying them on a shelf?

docpatlv
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I think Bob is referring to a Riker case. If you only have four, a small one would work well and they're inexpensive. The case may also help to keep most moisture out. Here's some pins displayed (without glass lid on)...

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/docpatadc/zzzzzz1938Pins.jpg

A word of caution about slabbing. I have approx. 350 discs (most high grade) and haven't submitted a single one for grading as I think there are times when the slabbing process actually bends the metal rim if it's not perfectly placed in the holder prior to sealing. Shown below is a Young disc (not mine) with bent rim at bottom that I believe came from the slabbing process. I have another in my collection that I bought slabbed that is similar. Although this may have happened prior to slabbing, out of the raw 340+ discs in my collection, none of them have bent rims.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/docpatadc/zzzCyYoungBentRim.jpg

lug-nut
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
i see what you mean about bending the rim and nice little display there, i will definitely start looking for a small display thanks!

tbob
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
The discs shifted when I changed it to a different position to take a picture but you get the idea. The others are still in slabs waiting to be broken out as soon as I get a bigger case for all of them to be displayed together.

lug-nut
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
It may be temporary until something else comes around but I found these coin holders that stretch around the disc. Thought I'd show them in case anyone else is looking for an idea.