PDA

View Full Version : Babe or Brian Ruth's Equipment bag - ebay

Shoeless Moe
11-12-2012, 09:49 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-c1920-30s-EQUIPMENT-BAG-LOOK-/271102426684?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3f1ef6be3c

Real?

And what does this sentence mean?:

"This could be one of those lost items that nobody has never been seen"

what?

thecatspajamas
11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1927-Red-Sox-Yankees-game-program-scored-Babe-Ruth-homers-twice-/140884991200?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item20cd665ce0

Real?

what?

Is that the wrong link, or did the guy completely change out the listing? Because when I click through, the description reads:

"I am breaking up a collection of 1920's red sox programs. The gentleman who owed these went to every game and personally scored each game. I am going to list a few of these tonight. The first one is 9 / 6 / 27 Red Sox vs Yankees at fenway park. Red sox loss 514-2. Babe Ruth hits atwo home runs...Loud Gehrig hit a home run. Herb Pennock gets the win for the Yankees and Tony Welzer takes the loss. I believe this is a significant game since it is Ruth's record setting homerun year. Please see the scans and feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I would be happy to send scans to anyone as my scanner is not the best. Please ask questions before bidding. All sales are final. Thanks for looking."

Shoeless Moe
11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
whoops sorry about that, corrected:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-c1920-30s-EQUIPMENT-BAG-LOOK-/271102426684?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3f1ef6be3c

travrosty
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
halper had a bat bag that was suppose to be babe ruths, he got it from bert sugar who traded it to him for a few items halper had. its in the cabin fever video of halpers collection.

i guess babe ruth bat bags grow on trees.

thecatspajamas
11-13-2012, 12:41 AM
No idea about authenticity, but I found this hilarious:
"I not saying that this is Ruth's equipment bag... This could only be his"

Personally, I feel that anyone who goes out of their way to tie an item to Ruth or any other player, but then leaves themselves a loophole with a "it might not be" statement, is raising a huge red flag.

I also wish that more of these "amazing finds" were presented by people who had a better grasp on grammar and punctuation. Deciphering some of these ramblings makes my head hurt... :p

BigJJ
11-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Now states the bag originated from a NY warehouse owned by Cartier, the jewelry company.
Maybe B. Ruth is a lady named Bee.
:cool:
I think this bag may or may not have flown to Italy last weekend for a romantic weekend with Katy Perry.
I'm not saying this is 100%, but the bag may or may not be magical, alive, and in love with Katy Perry.

TyrusRCobb
11-13-2012, 05:18 AM
No idea about authenticity, but I found this hilarious:
"I not saying that this is Ruth's equipment bag... This could only be his"

I laughed out loud when I read that sentence. I'm going to find an old canvas sack meant for holding corn with a label that reads "Cobb." I will then place an old, black bat inside said bag. My ebay description will read:

Recently found in my attic (I don't know how I missed for the last 12 years!) a canvas bag which says Cobb. It's long enough for a bat. Thus, it's Ty Cobb's bat bag. Inside the Cobb bag was a black bat. It's the legendary Black Betsy! I imagine that Cobb ran across Jackson in his liquor store and realized how hard up poor Joe was. He gave Joe 100.00 and being an honorable man Jackson gave Cobb his bat. It might not be factual but it is indeed true. My home was built in the late 1960's which means Cobb must have placed it in my attic in the late 1940's.

Because I have so much respect for the members of Net54, I'll accept offers prior to listing it on ebay. I'll throw in a rusty knife that I found in my backyard. It was used by Jim Bowie during D-Day.

Scott Garner
11-13-2012, 05:19 AM

Real?

what?

It sounds like a Yogiism if I ever heard one... :p

bigtrain
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
I would note that the Seller apparently does not know the difference between "ironic" and "coincidence".

frankbmd
11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
The seller says "I did some research on the net and from 1920 to 1935 no other person in professional league baseball had the last name of Ruth. "

The seller's research (above) might be enhanced to include the fact that no other person in professional league baseball had the first name of Ruth either. :D

sayhey24
11-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't know this seller personally, but I do recognize his ebay name. He is a baseball memorabilia collector who has been on ebay for years. That nametag sure looks iffy to me.

Greg

ruth-gehrig
11-17-2012, 08:40 AM
i laughed out loud when i read that sentence. I'm going to find an old canvas sack meant for holding corn with a label that reads "cobb." i will then place an old, black bat inside said bag. My ebay description will read:

Recently found in my attic (i don't know how i missed for the last 12 years!) a canvas bag which says cobb. It's long enough for a bat. Thus, it's ty cobb's bat bag. Inside the cobb bag was a black bat. It's the legendary black betsy! I imagine that cobb ran across jackson in his liquor store and realized how hard up poor joe was. He gave joe 100.00 and being an honorable man jackson gave cobb his bat. It might not be factual but it is indeed true. My home was built in the late 1960's which means cobb must have placed it in my attic in the late 1940's.

Because i have so much respect for the members of net54, i'll accept offers prior to listing it on ebay. I'll throw in a rusty knife that i found in my backyard. It was used by jim bowie during d-day.

lol:d

Frank A
11-17-2012, 09:20 AM
NO where in his add does it say bat bag. It is a smaller bag that could hold Glove, shoes , balls etc. It could verry possibly have been his.