PDA

View Full Version : Ruth SN card on Pawn Stars

GrayGhost
11-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I saw this tonight and fell asleep when the expert came in. WAS IT FAKE< AS I SUSPECT? Guy only wanted 55K and it was in a lockbox in barn and belonged to his grandpappy. :)

Leon
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I watched it. The expert had some of his facts incorrect but he got it right. It was a really bad fake, not even close.

Shoeless Moe
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Best part is the looks Rick and Chum gave the guy when the expert said it was fake. And the guy was getting more and more red in the face as the episode went on, u can tell he knew he was about to be busted.

I just wish they would have called him on it. Then had the big security guard bounce him onto the street, oh wait, that's Hardcore Pawn, I'm merging my favorite shows on that scammer.

But again watch Rick and Chumlee's faces at the end, nice looks for that scammer.

Matthew H
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I can't believe they called an expert for that. You could see the CMYK printing when they shot a close-up... It was also baked! :confused:

wazoo
11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I was watching American Pickers, and when I saw the previews for Pawn Stars, I was like the boys on the Net are going to comment on this one.

bobbyw8469
11-13-2012, 04:33 AM
American Pickers was great. Did you see the comics that guy had?? The show was focusing on that Amazing Fantasy #15, but I also saw an Incredible Hulk #1 and Amazing Spiderman #1 in that case as well!

GrayGhost
11-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Yes it was a great episode. Pickers. ANd yeah, I figured the Ruth was bad I'll need to rewatch it on line

Matthew H
11-13-2012, 10:20 AM
American Pickers was great. Did you see the comics that guy had?? The show was focusing on that Amazing Fantasy #15, but I also saw an Incredible Hulk #1 and Amazing Spiderman #1 in that case as well!

Fantastic Four #1 too.

ullmandds
11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
The Ruth was a pathetic repro...it wouldn't fool anyone...then again I can't even recognize a fake T205!!!!

It's crazy to think what kinds of bb stuff some of these folks must have that appear on "the pickers" hidden away...too bad those guys have no interest in it...maybe one of us could become a regular on the show...change things up a little!!!

Leon
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
The Ruth was a pathetic repro...it wouldn't fool anyone...then again I can't even recognize a fake T205!!!!

It's crazy to think what kinds of bb stuff some of these folks must have that appear on "the pickers" hidden away...too bad those guys have no interest in it...maybe one of us could become a regular on the show...change things up a little!!!

I wouldn't worry about the T205 exercise Peter, I waffled from "not good" to "can't tell", also.

A few years ago a couple of the producers of one of the new reality shows came to the National and were with us for a day.....They were testing the waters and I think that test became one of the less watched shows. I think Mckee was on it, or one of them, for an episode.

Matthew H
11-13-2012, 11:01 AM

On one episode, can't remember which, I saw a random shot of Milk Wolf walking around with a panoramic poster like the one discussed in the recent Goodwill pick-up only auction. It was only for a second that you could see it.

My guess is that they didn't air the purchase because they bought it for a song.