PDA

View Full Version : Talk about T205 prices making a comeback!

Matt E.
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
http://monthly.scpauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=21723

I recently responded to a thread that the T205 prices would come back. Who knew it would happen so soon. Oh my this is a big number.

I called the auction house and they confirmed it was not a typo. Interesting.

Just wondering your thoughts. I have no association or cards with this auction house.

Thanks,

Matt E.

Jlighter
11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Um, ah, I'm speechless.

Ease
11-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Wow, thats a really big number for that card. We've seen this before with random sp's though, every now and then one goes for a crazy price. I'm not sure this is the beginning of prices coming back, time will tell I guess.

barrysloate
11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
That's one of the toughest cards in the set and you rarely ever see it in a 5. A couple of guys really fought over it. And yes, a very strong price.

Pup6913
11-12-2012, 06:54 PM
That's a tough reality pill to swallow.

smaidvd
11-12-2012, 08:24 PM
I just started collecting this set because the non HOF in grade 4 seem reasonable and I really enjoy the artwork and player summaries on the back. The short prints, minor leaugers, and HOFers are a bit pricey. Any tips?

EvilKing00
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
just got my 1st t205 tonight!

I Have always loved the style of the set and hope to pick up more in the future.

George Wiltse Right Ear, graded PSA 2.5

Pup6913
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I just started collecting this set because the non HOF in grade 4 seem reasonable and I really enjoy the artwork and player summaries on the back. The short prints, minor leaugers, and HOFers are a bit pricey. Any tips?

Low grade with good eye appeal.

Matt E.
11-13-2012, 05:32 AM
www.imageevent.com/babybingbaseball

Yo Evil King,

Keep your Wiltse "Right Ear" variation. It will mean more to you down the road than any monetary value - since it is your first T205 card. Nice start by the way!

Here is a guide that my son created to use while attending card shows or surfing Ebay.
After time you will have it memorized.

When you are on the T205 page be sure to click at the top and look for these:

"Short Prints"
"Minor Leaguers"
"Variations"
"Tough to Find"

Just start buying and checking off cards from your list and you will eventually have a set. I am sure some would say there are cards in the wrong category, but you have to get a handle on the set or it will beat you.

Levi once told me a PSA 1 T205 is better than a hole in the set. Not sure if I totally agree with that, but hey it makes sense when you are just starting out. Pretty sure he just wanted to sell me a card. Good luck and PM anytime you have a question.

You can also contact my son Turner (asoriano) for any questions.

Thanks,

Matt E.

EvilKing00
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
nice thanks for the info - i will post it proudly once i receive it, lol