PDA

View Full Version : Any hockey folks hitting up the Expo in Toronto?

Spartan833
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Another board member and I are heading up Saturday for the day. If you are, when are you going? It would be nice to meet fellow hockey collectors from the board.

Thanks,
Bill

Bosox Blair
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, TO is a bit far for me so I won't be there, but I've heard good things about the show. Good luck, and hope you have fun!

Cheers,
Blair

Spartan833
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks Blair! It is quite the show for hockey. Essentially, it is The National for hockey. It should be fun! Anything you need me to keep an eye out for? If so, shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and what price range and if I find something how to contact you.

Bill

Bosox Blair
11-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Thanks Blair! It is quite the show for hockey. Essentially, it is The National for hockey. It should be fun! Anything you need me to keep an eye out for? If so, shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and what price range and if I find something how to contact you.

Bill

Very kind offer, Bill - but nothing in particular for me at the moment.

If you have time to post, I'd love to hear a brief report on your thoughts of the show this year!

Cheers,
Blair

Spartan833
11-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Made the drive from Detroit to the Expo and back yesterday. Basically made it through the show in about 3.5 hours since I was looking for 51 Parkhurst and C56 specifically.

I had not been to the Expo in about 3 years and it seemed like pretty much the same as before with a few more corporate booths. There was a lot of low grade 51 Parkhurst and a lot less c56. The prices always seem high at these major shows, so you have to look for the bargains and fair prices. I did find that most dealers were willing to bargain a bit more that usual.

As for the pick ups (of which all are going to be sold except the C56), I walked away with a low grade Boom Boom Geoffrion RC and Allan Stanley RC and mid-grade Harry Watson RC, along with 1 low grade and 3 mid-grade 51 Parkhurst commons. Also, picked up a 52 Parkhurst Elmer Lach, 54 Parkhurst Lum Stops Howe #92 and 54 Topps Allan Stanley as throw ins on a deal. The other 2 cards I acquired are a complete mis-cut 51 Parkhurst Jack Stewart where you can see the top of the picture of the card below his on the sheet and this C56 which the front looks just amazing and the back has paper loss at the bottom of the card where there is no writing and would be exactly where you want it if you were going to place it somewhere:

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad159/spartan833/Personal%20Collection/C56%20Imperials/111112003.jpg

Bosox Blair
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the Report, Bill. What a sharp Decary card - congrats!!!

Cheers,
Blair