PDA

View Full Version : Shoeless Joe Bio.?

TyrusRCobb
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion regarding the biography "Shoeless: The Life and Times of Joe Jackson" by, David Fleitz? I'd like to read a Jackson bio. However, I'd like to avoid any bios. that are like Stump's Cobb book. Thanks for the opinions.
Adam

JimStinson
11-10-2012, 06:20 AM
The comprehensive book regarding the scandal is "EIGHT MEN OUT" (1963) by Eliot Asinof.
Not too many authors were as ridiculously inaccurate as Stump was regarding Ty Cobb. Also let me suggest SABR (The Society for American Baseball Research) as a great source of baseball books and as a member you even get a deep discount. Some of the books available through SABR that are pretty good are the bios of Nap Lajoie, Addie Joss, King Kelly, Grover Alexander etc

TyrusRCobb
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
The comprehensive book regarding the scandal is "EIGHT MEN OUT" (1963) by Eliot Asinof.
Not too many authors were as ridiculously inaccurate as Stump was regarding Ty Cobb. Also let me suggest SABR (The Society for American Baseball Research) as a great source of baseball books and as a member you even get a deep discount. Some of the books available through SABR that are pretty good are the bios of Nap Lajoie, Addie Joss, King Kelly, Grover Alexander etc

Thanks Jim.