PDA

View Full Version : PM email issues currently

Leon
11-06-2012, 04:19 PM
There are issues currently with the PM emails being sent (or actually, not being sent). It is being looked into. For now please be checking your PMs on the board as you might not get an email. Thanks to the few folks who PMd me about it. regards

JSteele
11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Would this also affect messages sent to a member's email address, i.e. from the their profile page and select "email" rather than "pm"?

Leon
11-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Would this also affect messages sent to a member's email address, i.e. from the their profile page and select "email" rather than "pm"?

Not sure but anything is possible. Still working on the issue.

Leon
11-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Are other folks having this same issue? If anyone is getting PMs and STILL getting email alerts, for the last few days, could you please post in this thread? And if you aren't getting them, it would be appreciated too. Two people reported not getting them but there have been no real changes in our server or s/w. Just trying to figure it out....

scooter729
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I got a PM around midnight last night, and did NOT get an email as I typically would.

tonyo
11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Are other folks having this same issue? If anyone is getting PMs and STILL getting email alerts, for the last few days, could you please post in this thread? And if you aren't getting them, it would be appreciated too. Two people reported not getting them but there have been no real changes in our server or s/w. Just trying to figure it out....

I am not getting PM alert emails, nor am I getting email alerts for subscribed threads.

Monday was the last day for either of those types of emails.

Tony

Bocabirdman
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Leon...I am not getting the alerts either.....

cubsfan-budman
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I've been getting PMs as normal

Leon
11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I've been getting PMs as normal

But are you getting an email notification in your email inbox (if you had been over the last weeks or months) when you get a PM? Right now I am not sure what the issue is, pertaining to not getting those emails, but it's being looked at.

JSteele
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
+1 - Not getting email notify from PM (and had PM waiting).

Leon: I'll send you a test "EMAIL from profile" (not PM) right now as well, so you can see if those are also non-functional.

Moonlight Graham
11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I too have been getting PM's but no email alerts.

cubsfan-budman
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
i see what you're saying...and you're right, i havent gotten email alerts regarding PMs in a bit.

wazoo
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Received 10+ PMs in the last few days, but no email alert.

Best of luck Leon. Thank you.

Leon
11-08-2012, 05:54 AM
We believe this issue might be fixed. It was with our hosting company, as thought, and they were very quick to look into it once the correct thing was reported. If someone could let me know in this thread, how this issue is, it will be appreciated.

tonyo
11-08-2012, 05:56 AM
I received two emails this morning telling me a post had been made in a subscribed thread so that part is fixed. I haven't received any PM's but I imagine they are related....

Tony

Leon
11-08-2012, 06:01 AM
I received two emails this morning telling me a post had been made in a subscribed thread so that part is fixed. I haven't received any PM's but I imagine they are related....

Tony

Honestly I barely know what a subscribed thread is, but I imagine you get a notification when there is a post in it. Yes, the two would be related. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the issue we had.

On a board related issue, I still haven't heard back from the chat room folks in about 3 days. They remind me of our last hosting company. I would imagine in the not too distant future we will be using a different chat room solution. I have a hard time dealing with complete incompetence and/or no communication.

rjackson44
11-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Leon no issues here good luck octavio

wazoo
11-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Mine is all fixed! Thanks Leon.