PDA

View Full Version : Robert Edward Auctions Post-Sandy Update

spacktrack
11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute to update the board on Robert Edward Auctions' status following the severe storm that hit our area last week. Thankfully, our area was spared from a lot of the physical destruction that has been documented on the news and on the board, but we were hit particularly hard with respect to the loss of electricity, phone, and internet. We're just now getting the chance to reach out as we've been without these services since Monday and have been told that it may be as long as another week until they are fully restored.

Throughout the time that we've been "off the grid", we've still been hard at work. We've been sorting collections and doing whatever we can to continue processing the great items that we've already received. We even found time to write and mail out some advance checks to consignors who took advantage of our early consignment offers. We're trying not to miss a beat as much as possible given the circumstances.

Until power and phone services are restored, we will be largely unreachable through the main office number and our company e-mails. If you have any questions or want to discuss consignments, please feel free to e-mail or PM me through the board. I am continuing with planned consignment trips to Minneapolis this weekend and San Francisco the next. Please get in touch if you want to schedule an appointment.

We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience during this time. We know that many customers and friends, as well as several other companies within our hobby, are also affected so we wish everyone the best as we continue to get back to normal.

Brian Dwyer
Robert Edward Auctions

barrysloate
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
We heard that Watchung was one of the towns that was hit hard, but I assumed based on the geography- the office is on a hill well above sea level- that you didn't get flooded. My best to Rob and Tom and everyone else.

spacktrack
11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Just to bring this full circle, I wanted to update everyone that our power and phone service were restored last night. We are now up and running, so if you tried to reach us during the past ten days and hadn't been able to, please reach out again. If you're near any of the following cities and would like to make arrangements to drop off consignments with me, please e-mail me directly.

Minneapolis, MN - November 9-10 (This Weekend)
San Francisco, CA - November 16-17
Phoenix, AZ - November 23-24
Los Angeles, CA - November 26-27

Thank you for your patience during this time, and continued best wishes to all those still dealing with the effects of this storm.

Brian Dwyer
Robert Edward Auctions
908-226-9900