PDA

View Full Version : Today's experience at the Shriner's Show

wazoo
11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I must say, the card hobby is truly unique. There are some great guys out there, willing to tell their stories, filled with so much detail. I had an amazing day and picked up some great t206s. I walked around for literally 5 hours; it was worth every minute. I was even able to use my knowledge to explain to one man that he was selling a reprint. Maybe not as much to you all, but it was surely special to me.

I would like to thank Leon for speaking with Beckett as well to get the discount.

Here are the cards. Does the Beaumont look trimmed, it measures perfectly?

E93
11-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Beaumont look great to me. Nice card.
JimB

wazoo
11-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Thank you!

scooter729
11-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, Wazoo! I was there for about three hours yesterday as well, and was happy with the few items I purchased.

As always, there are many ridiculously priced items, but as always, it's the best show the New England area has all year!

wazoo
11-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I wanted to meet up with the guys from Net54, but I did not want to miss a deal, and I jumped on one whenever I could! There was one guy with a Red Hindu Cy Young, amazing.. You're not kidding about some overpriced stuff...Overall though, an amazing show.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, Wazoo! I was there for about three hours yesterday as well, and was happy with the few items I purchased.

As always, there are many ridiculously priced items, but as always, it's the best show the New England area has all year!

g_vezina_c55
11-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice wazoo!!

wazoo
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks Nelson! How's the set going?

mrvster
11-04-2012, 02:24 PM
ADA BOYEEE!!!

Great pick ups!!:D

you done/;) did good my friend

wazoo
11-04-2012, 02:31 PM
ADA BOYEEE!!!

Great pick ups!!:D

you done/;) did good my friend

Thank you! Some beautiful looking cards to add to the collection.

jbsports33
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Was a great show for us! glad you had a good time finding some T206 cards

glad to see some Net54 members at the show

Jimmy

Gradedcardman
11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Glad you enjoyed the show and were able to pick up some great looking cards !!

TUM301
11-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Went to the show on Sat afternoon and had a good time. Nice to see fred Lynn, Jake Lamotta, and Pedro M. looking good. Missed my fav. Bruin of all time, John Buyck Sunday, but did get a nice vintage signed piece by him. Nice selection of vintage, most way out of my range. My favorite item was a great looking Jim Thorpe PSA 6 at one of the auction houses`s preview. Overall, great time with much to see!

bobbyw8469
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
What Jim Thorpe card was it? I recently sold a Sport Kings PSA 6.

http://img2.sellersourcebook.com/users/73693/dsp_img388.jpg

g_vezina_c55
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks Nelson! How's the set going?

No new pick up on my side, i will made other purchase during the november

aelefson
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Wazoo-
We had the meetup as always and was disappointed no one new came. It was great to see Eric, Scott, Steve, and Jimmy at the meetup but we always are looking for new folks! I think we only met for about 20 minutes as we were also deeply involved in the hunt. Hopefully you can join us at a future meet up.

It looks like you got some nice cards there. I am glad you had such a good experience. It is also good that you taught a dealer about a reprint. There are some other local shows that offer a decent array of vintage items (Mansfield and Burlington MA shows have the most vintage (heavy pre 1970 and some pre WWI) but Woburn has a good amount for the small number of dealers.

I think the highlight of the show for me was seeing (and selling to) Josh Evans for the first time in a couple of years. He has always been one of my favorite dealers to sell to.

Because of sales I made to Josh and a few other dealers, I was able to buy a few items I might not have otherwise. I also made some trades for some interesting items including one trade that brought me a nice grouping of 1910 barnstorming documents including a telegram sent by Cobb. Overall I had an incredible show and my collection is a bit more focused (for now).
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

wazoo
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Great to hear that you had a nice time too, and wonderful pickups! Trust me, I would have loved to meet some Net54 members, but I couldn't waste a minute. I was back and forth, looking at the cards over and over. Some overpriced cards....but it's all in the fun of it! The guy was very happy that I explained the reprint to him, overall all the dealers were wonderful.

TUM301
11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
What Jim Thorpe card was it? I recently sold a Sport Kings PSA 6.

http://img2.sellersourcebook.com/users/73693/dsp_img388.jpg

Bob that`s a great looking card. The Thorpe I saw at the show was a M-101-4 PSA 6. Ah, if only I had some extra card cash hanging around.

wazoo
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
That's a great looking card!