PDA

View Full Version : Combining front and back scans

Pat R
10-31-2012, 08:59 AM
How can I combine front and back scans to a single file/image?

Leon
10-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Open each one in "paint" by right clicking on the image. Then you can do a cut and paste. I can walk you through it if need be....(on the phone)....

http://luckeycards.com/pe92dockmanyoung.jpg

frankbmd
10-31-2012, 09:32 AM
I use Picasa and create a collage. I use the square format and then crop. In my duplicate album on Net54 I show both copies that I have by repeating the process. For these I use 13 x 8 and then crop. I've started using background colors to compliment or contrast the colors in the card. Let me know if you have questions.

It's really not that complicated.

Chris Counts
10-31-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure how it's done in other programs, but Photoshop works great for this. First I scan both sides of a card. Then I open the front side scan in Photoshop. Next, I increase the width of the "canvas size" so it can accommodate the back side scan. Then I paste the back side scan next to the front side scan, Finally, I use the paint tool to get rid of any dust that shows up against the black background. I always put a black glossy piece of cardboard behind each scan because it really makes the colors pop off the card ...

vintagetoppsguy
10-31-2012, 09:43 AM
I use Power Point. Open PP, paste your scans, adjust as needed, save as JPEG.

atx840
10-31-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure how it's done in other programs, but Photoshop works great for this. First I scan both sides of a card. Then I open the front side scan in Photoshop. Next, I increase the width of the "canvas size" so it can accommodate the back side scan. Then I paste the back side scan next to the front side scan, Finally, I use the paint tool to get rid of any dust that shows up against the black background. I always put a black glossy piece of cardboard behind each scan because it really makes the colors pop off the card ...

+1

Bocabirdman
10-31-2012, 11:11 AM
I carefully skin all my cards 95% of the way from side to side. Then it is a simple matter of butterflying the card so as to show the front and back at the same time. Once you put it in a penny sleeve and top-loader, the aftermath is barely noticeable.:eek::rolleyes:

Pat R
11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Thank you all for your help. After some trial and error I got your method
to work Leon.(Still need to do some tweaking here and there).

cubsfan-budman
11-01-2012, 10:57 AM
if you take that JPG that you made right there in paint, select the portion that you want to keep, then click the "crop" button, you'll get rid of all that negative/white area and have the look that you're trying to get, i think.

Pat R
11-01-2012, 01:45 PM
if you take that JPG that you made right there in paint, select the portion that you want to keep, then click the "crop" button, you'll get rid of all that negative/white area and have the look that you're trying to get, i think.

Thanks for the help, I think I got it right now.

Vol
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the help, I think I got it right now.

Nice card.
Thanks for asking the question, I have been wanting to know the same thing for quite some time.