PDA

View Full Version : WSSCA card show in Seattle (Shoreline) WA this weekend

AndrewJerome
10-30-2012, 02:27 PM
The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held Saturday November 3rd and Sunday November 4th.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday. This is our 6th annual Winter Show.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Matt Sears, Rob Adesso and I will have a table of pre-war as well. Hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew

btkpath
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Its been on my calendar for months. I wouldn't miss it!

familytoad
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
The winter show is always tougher for me to break away to attend...
Same thing this year:mad:

I really wanted to see the gang, buy some cards and generally immerse myself in the hobby for a day...no can do.

Okay, June '13 is the next big show I presume, so count me in for that one (maybe)

For those of you "on the fence", its a great little show...plenty of vintage Topps era, enough pre-WW1 for us old guys, some newer stuff, lots of memorabilia and publications and some of the best guys I know in the hobby.

Just go!

E93
11-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Will be making the road trip up on Sunday from Portland with Joe S.
JimB

dlfallen
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I'll be there Saturday for the cards, and to see old friends and new (like Andrew). I'm sorry to miss Brian but we will get it together sooner or later.

keithlyt
11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll be there. digging around in the closet and bringing out more Zeenuts; other PCL cards including some Seattle Popcorns and lots more. Also dug out some great early non-sport cards. Some of these I have had stashed away for 30 years. Not sure yet WHAT is in this batch. Plus we will have our normal hodge podge of pennants and other funky stuff. see you there! Keith and Liz

baseballart
11-01-2012, 10:36 PM
I'll be heading down for Saturday morning

caramelcard
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Now that I know Jim is coming I'm bringing the good stuff.

jfandel3
11-02-2012, 04:05 AM
I look forward to seeing you all there! I hope to get to know some of you as I become more serious with my collecting.

Best,
Joel

Runscott
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I'll be heading down for Saturday morning

Sorry I have to miss this, especially given that I could finally meet Max. "Hello" to everyone I met last year and won't get to see this time around.

(posted from sunny Colorado :))

caramelcard
11-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Scott,

Sorry you're not making it this time around. We'll see you next June.

Rob

baseballart
11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Sorry I have to miss this, especially given that I could finally meet Max. "Hello" to everyone I met last year and won't get to see this time around.

(posted from sunny Colorado :))

Scott

It's 2:15 minutes from downtown Seattle to downtown Vancouver (if you only speed a little bit and time the borders so there's no wait, or have a Nexus card).

If not before, come up next summer for a Class A baseball game. It's a real treat http://www.canadiansbaseball.com

71buc
11-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Any report on how the show went? I could not make it which was probably a good thing considering my impulsive spending lately.

keithlyt
11-05-2012, 01:19 PM
It was another great show. always a pleasure to visit with everyone, including our neighbors from Oregon and Canada (eh!). Nice seeing you all and good talking to you. I always garner a wealth of knowledge from talking to everyone - even though I thought I knew it all. I guess old dogs can still learn a thing or two!
another great gathering on Saturday night.
and thanks again to Mark for straightening out the closet!
as a dealer the sales were great, I will let the collectors tell you how the buying went. Thanks to all, and looking forward to our next gathering.

baseballart
11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Was there Saturday morning. Pick out the net54ers

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8200/8156779862_f6c19dbfa5.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8156762397_fca84ed32e.jpg

71buc
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
How many net54 members attended? I have considered joining the WSSCA to attend the monthly (?) meetings. It would be nice to meet other local like minded collectors. I grow tired of my wife's eye roll and the half hearted smiles of my disinterested children who only see dollar signs when looking at my collection. Are any of you members of theWSSCA if so what has your experience been?

btkpath
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey Mike,

I am a fellow net54 member from Washington State, in Snohomish County. I always try to make it to the WSSCA shows and always seem to come home with something for my collection. I have tried to make it to the monthly WSSCA meetings, but the planets have not aligned, and have not been able to attend many. I hope to find time to attend more frequently, as it is a great group of people.

I look forward to crossing paths in the future.

Barry

kilo
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
are there any members (be it WSSCA or Net54) on my side of the state?

Spokane, WA.
--mike.

E93
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I was there on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. Great show. I picked up these from a couple of board member who were set up.
JimB

http://photos.imageevent.com/jimblumenthal/t212obaks/websize/Obaks.jpg

oaks1912
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Great seeing the familiar faces and a few new faces as well.... Some nice cards changed hands.... I avoided getting bit by the legendary 5 pound rat going through Keith's closet (I think it was Little Johnnie's rat !!:eek:) and unearthed some neat Seattle Popcorns, a cool Seattle NWL RPPC, and some other goodies... Boy Jim, Those Obaks are beauties:). Thanks to all the folks who showed up. Looking forward to the next one

williamcohon
11-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I went on Sunday, and it was great. Being a member of both SABR and WSSCA, meant I had a busy weekend (SABR meeting Saturday). Thanks to Andrew, Matt, Robert, and Mark, I, too, found ten 1911 Obaks! To all who had a hand in putting it on, many thanks. I'm looking forward to June.

AndrewJerome
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks to everyone who set up and attended the show. Great talking to friends old and new.

I have been a member/going to WSSCA meetings for about 6 years. Not many members from eastern WA that I am aware of, but we do have a good time at meetings. WSSCA members collect cards/memorabilia of all sorts, from baseball/football/basketball to hydros/hockey. Show and tell also can produce some awesome eye candy, especially if you collect old Seattle area cards/memorabilia. We meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Razzi's pizza (formerly Romio's), located at 85th & Greenwood in Seattle.

Special thanks to Keith (and Mark :)) for digging out extra goodies, especially the 1912 Seattle RPPC.

Can't wait to do it all over again in June!!