PDA

View Full Version : SGC Moving Update

Leon
10-26-2012, 08:36 AM
As some might know SGC grading is currently moving offices. I spoke with Michael Goldberg, from SGC, this morning about it. They want to assure everyone that there are no issues and this is a normal business situation that will be better for them as a company. They are not behind on their grading, I am told. ....Here is a message from them which I am happily posting on their behalf-

SGC Moving Update

Over the course of the next few days (10/26/12 to 11/1/12), we will be moving our company to a new location about 30 minutes/25 miles from our existing Parsippany location.

There are many reasons we decided to make this move. Mainly, by reducing our overhead we will to be able to invest significantly in major improvements to our website, data entry system, registry, population report, holders/labels as well as development of other products & services we hope to offer in the future.

Our new physical and mailing address is:

SGC
8-E Easy Street
Bound Brook NJ 08805

Our existing phone number and fax numbers will remain the same after 11/1/2012, but from 10/26/2012 until 11/1/2012 please use the following phone & fax numbers:

Phone: 732-893-1888 (Temporary)
Fax: 732-893-1898 (Temporary)

We do not expect delays in processing and completing orders as everyone has been working diligently to keep ahead due to the impending move. Our customers are very important to us, so if there are any delay issues, please contact us and we will work to ensure satisfaction.

Also, we are trying to complete the move before the arrival of the impending hurricane/storm, but please keep in mind that during the moving period there may be weather related outages to our website and registry.

We hope to have the majority of our business services up and running within the next 48 hours and appreciate your patience and understanding during this period.

Thank you!

SGC

aaroncc
10-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Didnt realize Michael Goldberg still worked for SGC?

cozmokramer
10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Improvements would be good... but to holders/labels...

...a change to the look of the holders and/or flips may cause many to have to submit for reholdering for consistency purposes.

glynparson
10-26-2012, 09:17 AM
has been back, mostly behind the scenes for a while. One of their few positives from last year in my opinion.

Leon
10-26-2012, 09:31 AM
My understanding is that Michael has been there for the last few months on a consulting (but seems like regular work otherwise) basis. I believe he and the management are working towards a permanent position for him. That's all I know on that subject.

CobbSpikedMe
10-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow, Bound Brook is down the road from me. Maybe I could drive over submissions and pick them up in person now. I wonder if they are hiring? ;)

smtjoy
10-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Improvements would be good... but to holders/labels...

...a change to the look of the holders and/or flips may cause many to have to submit for reholdering for consistency purposes.

From what I heard they were looking at a new supplier of plastic for their slabs with the ultimate goal of making their standard slab look the same but reduce the thickness.

I know the new deeper holder (same thickness as the current standard stabs) is excellent and while most cards for it are modern is a big improvement over the PSA deep slab or anything on the market. I really like how they did it, here is a modern example, you can tell its deeper by looking at the groves on the back-

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/smtjoy/Vintage%20Cards/1950s%20to%20Present%20-%20Modern%20Cards%20Autos/2007-08O-Pee-CheePremierPairingAutos-Malkin-Staal88.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/smtjoy/Vintage%20Cards/1950s%20to%20Present%20-%20Modern%20Cards%20Autos/2007-08O-Pee-CheePremierPairingAutos-Malkin-Staal88b.jpg

frankbmd
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
They must be doing well, as they are moving to Easy Street.;)

Ladder7
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
That other tpg moved to Sleazy St long ago.

MMarvelli
10-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I would feel a bit better about the move if between SCG and USPS one of the two knew where my cards are!

Pup6913
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I wonder if they are hiring? ;)

Been wanting that job for a few yrs now. Someday possibly?

JSteele
10-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Indeed. I've got a handful that I want to send in on their $7 special, but with the address change and Frankenstorm, I don't get a warm fuzzy about it.

I would feel a bit better about the move if between SCG and USPS one of the two knew where my cards are!

t206hound
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Indeed. I've got a handful that I want to send in on their $7 special, but with the address change and Frankenstorm, I don't get a warm fuzzy about it.

I sent in a nice large shipment Wednesday to the old address... should be there today. Wasn't really happy to hear about the address change AFTER I shipped.

familytoad
10-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I have a small sub at SGC.
They arrived in Parsippany last week.
I sure hope the cards on site (not just mine, but everyone's) are going to be kept dry and all the SGC folks are kept safe...cards are replaceable even if no one wants to go through that hassle.

Best wishes SGC!

WillowGrove
10-28-2012, 12:29 PM
It's kind of weird that they moved to Bound Brook, NJ which is a low lying area that is prone to flooding during heavy rains...and their move was scheduled as a storm is coming.

Hope everyone and everything will be safe.

And happy to hear Michael is back. good guy.

Peter

CobbSpikedMe
10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Peter,

I was surprised to hear they went for Bound Brook too. They must have gotten a heck of deal with rent. Hopefully they aren't near the flood zones too. It's almost a certainty Bound Brook will flood with this storm.

AndyH

x2drich2000
10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
While it is true that the downtown area of Bound Brook is subject to constant flooding with heavy rains, I don't think the new offices will see much if any flooding. For anyone local, it looks like the new address is behind the UPS facility. On the other hand, the new offices should only be about 2 miles from the local minor league stadium.

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=249&pictureid=4457
Photo taken last year after Irene

DJ

P.S. Any chance SGC will give us a "welcome to the neighborhood" walk in special?

kmac32
10-28-2012, 07:25 PM
See this week will be the first annual NYC/SGC prewar cardboard boat regatta starting when "Sandy" hist the shore.

Goldberg
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Due to severe weather in our area we will be closed for business tomorrow, Monday, 10/29/2012.

We are still in the process of completing the move to our new location in Bound Brook, New Jersey.

During this period, some features of our website are unavailable. These include access to the online submission form/submission status, population report and editing Registry sets. These features should hopefully be available on Tuesday 10/30 or by Wednesday 10/31.

For any questions that can't wait until Wednesday 10/31, please PM me directly through the Net54 Forum or contact Earl Johnson (user name - Earlsworld) or SGC Staff (user name - SGC) through the SGC message board.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

PS - For those that are wondering, I am currently back at SGC on a consulting basis. I have been working behind the scenes and at major shows to help contribute to our customers' satisfaction, and the continued growth & success of our company. Thanks to all for the kind words.

Goldberg
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
We are still getting all of our mail from all shipping companies and the USPS, although we may be behind a few days due to the move and the upcoming severe weather.

We plan to handle the orders in an expedited fashion to account for any processing delays.

If you have any concerns please call Earl Johnson, Bill Cengeri or myself at the office on Wednesday or thereafter and we be happy to speak with you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

lancemountain
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
I have two submissions at SGC...one was showing on the website before it crashed and one was never loaded. It's been over ten days so I will say here that I am quite concerned over that second invoice.

I think it's amazing that SGC did not announce they were moving. It's obvious they still wanted the sales but at what cost on their end? Really crappy on their part. Guess they will just simply blame the hurricane instead of NOT telling us collectors that they were moving facilities and submissions would be delayed

Goldberg
10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
I have two submissions at SGC...one was showing on the website before it crashed and one was never loaded. It's been over ten days so I will say here that I am quite concerned over that second invoice.

I think it's amazing that SGC did not announce they were moving. It's obvious they still wanted the sales but at what cost on their end? Really crappy on their part. Guess they will just simply blame the hurricane instead of NOT telling us collectors that they were moving facilities and submissions would be delayed
PM sent

botn
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
I made 2 submissions as well. One is a Next Day and the other is a Wild Card Special. They were received on 10/24. The Next Day was entered but the Wild Card was not. I did not notice there was an announcement of their moving or I would submitted another time. I would complain but I need them more than they need me. I am sure they will get everything straightened out.

Goldberg
10-29-2012, 08:35 AM
I made 2 submissions as well. One is a Next Day and the other is a Wild Card Special. They were received on 10/24. The Next Day was entered but the Wild Card was not. I did not notice there was an announcement of their moving or I would submitted another time. I would complain but I need them more than they need me. I am sure they will get everything straightened out.
PM Sent

bigtrain
10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Moving closer to me. Now just twenty minutes away. Easy Street is in an industrial park just off Route 22 and nowhere near the downtown that has been subject to some devastating flooding in the past.

HOF Auto Rookies
10-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I sent in a nice large shipment Wednesday to the old address... should be there today. Wasn't really happy to hear about the address change AFTER I shipped.

+1 I hear ya

Leon
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
+1 I hear ya

I spoke with Michael just a few minutes ago. All packages ARE being delivered to the old and new addresses. They are being cared for as they always have been, which is good. They couldn't mention the move previously due to some unforeseen issues with the phone company and their scheduling. I am confident everything will be fine. SGC is taking care to get orders out in a timely manner too. Michael told me that are actually ahead of schedule on the orders they have in house. I think if we give them a few days to a week, and let the storm get out of the way, everything will be fine. I do have an emergency (cell) number for Michael so if anyone has an absolute emergency please PM me. However, if you are just looking for a package that was sent we should give them a day or two to let the storm pass by.

familytoad
10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Here's to hoping that shipping around some cardboard doesn't qualify to anyone as an emergency...

Best wishes to all in the path of the storm.

If disaster hits, it's likely to involve more than just cardboard. Hopefully Sandy spares lives and property...but that's never up to us.

kmac32
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Hopefully they won't be soaking any cards.:-)

t206hound
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I sent mine registered mail; looks like a "notice" was left that they've arrived today.

Goldberg
10-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Due to the severe weather we experienced and the ongoing power outages across New Jersey, SGC's old and new offices (Parsippany & Bound Brook) are not back open for business yet.

Also, some features of our website are still not working as the servers were affected by the power outages. These features include pop report access, submission status, online submissions and editing registry sets. We are working to get these features back up as soon as possible.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to our customers, and hope to reopen the offices and complete our move ASAP.

If anyone has a specific concern that can't wait until we are reopened for business, please PM me through this message board and I will respond ASAP.

We wish all of our customers & board members (and their families), as well as all of the disaster relief employees, a safe recovery period.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

Exhibitman
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the update; take care.

alanu
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Michael,

Thank you for the updates. I had a submission I was wondering about, but you've answered my questions.

-Alan

glynparson
11-01-2012, 03:10 AM
shows us why he is so important to SGC. Michael you are awesome at customer service, I hope Dave gave you a BIG raise you deserve it.

t206hound
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I've got a rather large and (at least for me) valuable package sitting at the Parsippany Post Office. I know that there are big time issues in Jersey, but it is unsettling to see this status on the USPS website: "Notice Left (Business Closed)."

This is the second notice listed in the tracking (the first on Monday, the second yesterday)... I don't know if anyone else has the same issue. I'm assuming that SGC still wasn't open today. I'll try calling tomorrow AM.

tennisguy
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I can understand your concern. I hope you get an update ASAP.

MMarvelli
11-01-2012, 06:05 PM
My cards are sitting in the Post Office as well, and have been for some time. I have left several calls, starting last Friday, with SGC just asking what their timing is to pick them up so that I know it is in their hands. I prefer them sitting at SGC rather than in the PO. I have not heard a thing back from them. They have been quite good at posting here telling everyone not to worry, but it remains unsettling and frustrating with no return calls and no real info given here on Net54, other than everything will be back to normal Wednesday. My calendar says Wednesday has passed...

Leon
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I will get updates as much as possible for you guys from SGC, tomorrow earlier a.m., if we haven't heard something by then.

Goldberg
11-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I've got a rather large and (at least for me) valuable package sitting at the Parsippany Post Office. I know that there are big time issues in Jersey, but it is unsettling to see this status on the USPS website: "Notice Left (Business Closed)."

This is the second notice listed in the tracking (the first on Monday, the second yesterday)... I don't know if anyone else has the same issue. I'm assuming that SGC still wasn't open today. I'll try calling tomorrow AM.
PM sent

Goldberg
11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
My cards are sitting in the Post Office as well, and have been for some time. I have left several calls, starting last Friday, with SGC just asking what their timing is to pick them up so that I know it is in their hands. I prefer them sitting at SGC rather than in the PO. I have not heard a thing back from them. They have been quite good at posting here telling everyone not to worry, but it remains unsettling and frustrating with no return calls and no real info given here on Net54, other than everything will be back to normal Wednesday. My calendar says Wednesday has passed...
PM Sent

Goldberg
11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone. After being without cable/internet/cellular service since last night and just getting it back now, I wanted to bring everyone up to speed as to our company status.

All of us at SGC want to send out our best wishes to those affected by the storm. All of our employees were affected, and many of us still are without power, phone service, gas, etc., but are relatively OK otherwise.

We were in the process of moving from Parsippany, NJ to Bound Brook NJ, and planned to have the move completed by 10/31. Unfortunately, the storm hit our area, and both towns where our offices are located had massive power outages. In addition, access to our servers has been extremely limited, which had an impact on many of the features on our website (online submissions, pop reports, registry edits, submission status). Power is being restored throughout our area, and we are hopeful that early next week we will see progress in our office locations.

Once power is fully restored, we should be up and running within a day or two. We hope to meet expected turnaround times on as many orders as possible.

All orders already received are locked up safely and securely. Any orders in transit, or on hold with the carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx), are being held in a secure lockup as well. The people who deliver these packages to us do understand what we do for a living and convey that to their managers directly so that our packages are well cared for. If you have an order you want to send to us, you can feel safe doing so. I would recommend insurance and a tracking number, as always, and you can ship to either location as listed on our website. In the future, we will want all packages sent to the Bound Brook location.

At this time, we are extending the October specials (Next Day Spec., Wild Card Spec. and 1970-Pres. Spec.) through the end of November. We feel this works best with regard to many of the inquiries we received over the past few days. These are actually three of our most popular specials as well.

We do have a representative at the Shriner's show this weekend in Wilmington, Massachusetts accepting submissions. If you are planning to attend the show, please stop by and say hello to Bill Cengeri (Business Development) and feel free to drop off an order if you like.

I have been trying to personally respond to all messages and posts. I care about our company and our customers, and want everyone to know that all of us at SGC appreciate your patience, understanding and loyalty.

Thank you.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

MMarvelli
11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
That's the best news I have gotten all week!

chaddurbin
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
michael--please update the thread when you guys are physically receiving packages from usps/fedex/ups again. i want to send an order in, but instead of it sitting at USPS for a week i feel more comfortable holding onto it until you guys are operational.

HOF Auto Rookies
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone have a contact number for SGC? Seems all the phone lines are down.

Leon
11-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Anyone have a contact number for SGC? Seems all the phone lines are down.

Shoot me a PM.....I have one....Hopefully it's not just checking status of a package as we have been told that things are locked up and safe and they got hit pretty hard with the storm and the move all at once....but PM me...

botn
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Good thing this is an SGC friendly board.

Leon
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Good thing this is an SGC friendly board.

I try to be friendly to all of the legit grading companies....and everyone else for that matter. But the guys at SGC and Beckett are good hobby friends and I help when I can....

Taxman
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I try to be friendly to all of the legit grading companies....and everyone else for that matter. But the guys at SGC and Beckett are good hobby friends and I help when I can....

+1

x2drich2000
11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I live about 5 miles from the new sgc location and to be honest, things are still very hectic around here. My town still has about 20% of the town without power and I know several people without phone service. Schools are still closed and halloween has been canceled due to safety concerns over down trees and telephone poles. And we are not even in an area of NJ that was hit that bad. I would recommend remaining patient as it will take some time to get back to normal. I know some areas near me are not expected to get power for another 7-10 days.

Dj

z28jd
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I live about 5 miles from the new sgc location and to be honest, things are still very hectic around here. My town still has about 20% of the town without power and I know several people without phone service. Schools are still closed and halloween has been canceled due to safety concerns over down trees and telephone poles. And we are not even in an area of NJ that was hit that bad. I would recommend remaining patient as it will take some time to get back to normal. I know some areas near me are not expected to get power for another 7-10 days.

Dj

And that is without consideration for what this storm that is coming Wednesday morning might do. The coastal towns that started cleaning up might be doing it all for nothing at this point, the flooding could be just as bad due to erosion and the wind gusts are expected to reach 50mph. Seems the forecast for this area keeps getting worse by the hour

botn
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM

Hi Leon,

My comment was not directed at you. Was just making an observation. Not sure there is much any of us can do under the circumstances. Bad timing all the way around for those who submitted. We all just need to remain patient until this all gets worked out...

Greg

tennisguy
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Any updates?

botn
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I sent Michael a PM earlier today and heard nothing. If the site is not sending email notifications then he may not know I wrote unless he is signed in. Sure he has more important things going on but hopefully we will hear something soon.

Taxman
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Any update? My package was picked up today by SGC from the post office.

AndyG09
11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I noticed that SGC is not setting up this weekend in Toronto or next weekend in Chicago. I know they were in Toronto last year and haven't missed a Sun-Times show the last three years I know about. Not sure if the move has anything to do with this, but it doesn't seem positive. Hope things are well!

Best,

Andy

rainier2004
11-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I noticed that SGC is not setting up this weekend in Toronto or next weekend in Chicago. I know they were in Toronto last year and haven't missed a Sun-Times show the last three years I know about. Not sure if the move has anything to do with this, but it doesn't seem positive. Hope things are well!

Best,

Andy

I think I remember looking at their schedule online prior to Sandy and was surprised they were not attending.

Leon
11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I got a message from Michael yesterday but since things are still not able to be guaranteed too much, concerning power, phones, internet etc....he didn't want to say anything publicly. That being said :) He said they were hoping to have power today at the Parsippany office, and it sounds like they probably did with respect to the above post, and by early-mid next week hoped for everything for the new office. He hasn't indicated there are anymore unusual issues than the devastating storm and the move. If I were them, with all that is going on, I probably would skip a show or two also. (that's pure conjecture on my part) Hope this tidbit of info helps.

raypeg
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Any progress on reopening SGC or locating my card or the shipping number?

Raymond Schiflett
(512) 923-0736

t206hound
11-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I was hopeful that it would have been picked up by now, but alas, it hasn't been. Tracking shows that it's been in Parsippany since 10/29.

:(

Jason
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I had one show as delivered on the 8th.Can SGC confirm they picked up mail yesterday?

Goldberg
11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone! Power was finally restored to both our old location in Parsippany and our new location in Bound Brook late yesterday.

We are processing orders as quickly as we can, and were actually encapsulating cards early this afternoon through this evening.

All of us will be working over the weekend so that we can hopefully be up to full speed by Monday.

There is still an issue with some features of our website not being available, but we hope to have everything working by Monday or Tuesday. Also, at the present time our 800 number is not working due to a continuing outage. The provider hopes to resolve it sometime next week. Please use our standard phone number 973-984-0018 for all calls for the time being.

A more formal update will be forthcoming.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued patience and understanding through this difficult time.

Michael Goldberg
SGC

Rich Klein
11-10-2012, 06:44 AM
For those who are concerned about their cards (and rightly so) let me tell you that as a former resident of the area I have now heard from 2 people whose card collection/inventory was destroyed as an effect of Hurricane Sandy.

In the overall picture, there should be no issues with understanding the delays in "us" getting our cards back and this should not affect your feelings about SGC in any way.

Rich

t206hound
11-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Believe me, I understand that there are far worse issues. But I am worried about my large (~125 card) submission that hasn't been picked up. There's a 15 day limit on the hold before it's sent back to me and the first notice was left on 10/29.

"If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender."

spacktrack
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Believe me, I understand that there are far worse issues. But I am worried about my large (~125 card) submission that hasn't been picked up. There's a 15 day limit on the hold before it's sent back to me and the first notice was left on 10/29.

"If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender."

The unclaimed status is, I believe, just a standard notice that shows up on tracking. If arrangements are made by the receiving party, the post office will hold the mail at their request--similar to holding mail when you go on vacation. I have no doubt that SGC has alerted their post office and the employees there have arranged to hold the mail. If it hasn't been picked up yet, I imagine it will be first thing this week.

Goldberg
11-10-2012, 05:36 PM

PM Sent
Order received

t206hound
11-10-2012, 07:23 PM
PM Sent
Order received

The post office has not updated the status... but thanks for the PM and for picking up the order.

jimivintage
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I too am getting nervous about my package being picked up by SGC. Still saying it is at the PO. I'd feel more comfy if my Wags was with SGC. :(

Taxman
11-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Spoke to Earl yesterday at the new office. They are open and grading try calling 732-893-1888 x 105.

V117collector
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
never mind..

t206hound
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Tracking for my package (on Saturday) said that it was still at the PO. Michael sent me a PM to let me know they had the package on Saturday, and then another PM on Sunday to tell me that my submission had been graded. I didn't bother checking tracking again to see if it was updated, but will do so tonight.

EDITED TO ADD: I am anxiously awaiting the return of the set registry site and submission status checking... any ETA on those?

Taxman
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Just checked status of card submission on the SGC board.

t206hound
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Invoice tracking is now available for those wondering if your packages have been received. Looks like the set registry site is still not yet functional (502 - Bad Gateway error)

Jason
11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
That's great news.I was able to see both my submissions and the grades on the one before the storm.Thanks SGC and I look forward to full functionality soon.

chaddurbin
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
so it's safe to send cards in again? fyi to the sgc people the online submission form still has the old gatehall address.

jimivintage
11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I screwed up the order, but my cards are safe in their hands! :) Thanks, Michael!

V117collector
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
so it's safe to send cards in again? fyi to the sgc people the online submission form still has the old gatehall address.

Is this the new SGC's address posted on there website? I hope so, I just shipped my cards to the address below... please lmk :confused:

http://www.sgccard.com/contact.htm

Sportscard Guaranty LLC
1 Gatehall Drive, Suite P011
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Robextend
11-13-2012, 02:37 PM
This is the new SGC address per their website:

SGC
8-E Easy Street
Bound Brook NJ 08805

Leon
11-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Is this the new SGC's address posted on there website? I hope so, I just shipped my cards to the address below... please lmk :confused:

http://www.sgccard.com/contact.htm

Sportscard Guaranty LLC
1 Gatehall Drive, Suite P011
Parsippany, NJ 07054

That is the old address. I almost guarantee they will still be able to get the cards but that is NOT where they should be sent. If you read the very first post, Michael at SGC stated-

SGC
8-E Easy Street
Bound Brook NJ 08805

V117collector
11-13-2012, 02:46 PM
That is the old address. I almost guarantee they will still be able to get the cards but that is NOT where they should be sent. If you read the very first post, Michael at SGC stated-

SGC
8-E Easy Street
Bound Brook NJ 08805

Just got off the phone with SGC and yes all mail will be re-route to the new address.. There website will be updated shortly. thanks guys!:)

Bosox Blair
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Just got off the phone with SGC and yes all mail will be re-route to the new address.. There website will be updated shortly. thanks guys!:)

You did not want to use the Canadian address for SGC? I have done a bunch of orders that way with great success and lower costs (but slightly longer waits).

Cheers,
Blair

V117collector
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
You did not want to use the Canadian address for SGC? I have done a bunch of orders that way with great success and lower costs (but slightly longer waits).

Cheers,
Blair

I could really care less about the shipping cost when sending my cards off for grading. But I do ask SGC to return ship through the canadian submition if the card/s valued over $200.00. Canadian Customs can sure nail you if you don't!

Bosox Blair
11-14-2012, 03:45 PM
I could really care less about the shipping cost when sending my cards off for grading. But I do ask SGC to return ship through the canadian submition if the card/s valued over $200.00. Canadian Customs can sure nail you if you don't!

Yup - the Customs thing is the biggest reason I use the CDN address. On a big/valuable submission, shipping within CDA can save $50+ in shipping and insurance charges though...worthwhile to me!

Cheers,
Blair

tbob
11-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know when the SGC card registry will be up and running again? I can get there and review my cards but every time I try to add a card I get "Gateway error." Frustrating....

dherm360
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know when the SGC card registry will be up and running again? I can get there and review my cards but every time I try to add a card I get "Gateway error." Frustrating....

I got the same thing. The message board on SGC in one area it says its up and running, then later in the post it says but not the registry, with no other following information.

alanu
11-14-2012, 09:44 PM
SGC shipped my latest order yesterday and it should be arriving tomorrow, about a week late, but I appreciate their getting it out as soon as that with all the turmoil back east.

lancemountain
11-14-2012, 10:20 PM
My 7 day submission that was loaded onto the website on the 18th still has not been graded. My 30 day submission that was mailed the same day has yet to make it into the system.........

White Borders
11-14-2012, 11:49 PM
FYI, I haven't seen this mentioned - SGC Population Report feature has been back on-line for about 2 days now.

Best Regards & Happy Collecting :)

Craig

tbob
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I was able to load most of my new SGC cards in to their Registry (with the exception of cards I purchased from Net54ers who haven't deleted them from their Registry sets yet. AHEM!!!!!) this morning so all is good on that front.
tbob

Bosox Blair
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I was able to load most of my new SGC cards in to their Registry (with the exception of cards I purchased from Net54ers who haven't deleted them from their Registry sets yet. AHEM!!!!!) this morning so all is good on that front.
tbob

Thanks for that, Bob...I've had a stack of cards to add for over a week and repeatedly got that error message whenever I tried.

Cheers,
Blair

Jason
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Alright back to normal.Uploaded cards fine.Great news.

chaddurbin
11-16-2012, 01:21 PM
is the new address also a po box? i've had a "notice left" message on the tracking for the last couple days now.

Goldberg
11-20-2012, 07:32 PM
November 18, 2012 - Sportscard Guaranty, LLC has completed the move to our new location. Even while dealing with the effects of Hurricane Sandy, we have managed to get our company back up and running at full speed. All user functions of our website and Registry are working again. We are processing, grading, encapsulating and shipping orders in a timely manner.

The only issue we are currently experiencing is a delay in getting our toll free number working due to a terminal outage at Optimum. At the present time, we ask that you use our standard phone number listed below.

All submissions should be shipped to our new address in Bound Brook. Any packages sent to our Parsippany address will still be delivered to us, but may experience a delay in processing.

Our new permanent location & mailing address:

SGC
8-E Easy Street, Suite 1
Bound Brook NJ 08805

Our phone and fax numbers are the same:

973-984-0018 (Phone)
973-984-8447 (Fax)

Everyone here at SGC would like to say “Thank You” to our customers for your patience, understanding and good wishes during the moving process and severe weather that we experienced. We all send our best wishes to those who may have experienced losses from Hurricane Sandy and her aftermath.

Thank you!

SGC