PDA

View Full Version : New member & Carolina brights t206 lot

aabram23
10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello to all. I am a new member to net54 but have been following you all for a few months now. I started collecting T cards back in February when I bought some baseball cards for my 7 year old son for Valentines Day when momma said no more candy. He fell I'm love with the hobby therefore I regained my passion for it also. I have always been fascinated with tobacco cards and thought if I could ever afford them I would start my own collection.

I have bought a couple hundred T206 cards the last few months but my crown jewel is a D304 Ty Cobb. I do have a question for the group. I recently had PSA grade 12 Carolina Bright cards. They are as follows:

Jean Dubuc graded 3
Jap Barbeau 3
Hal Chase throwing dark cap 4
Fred Burchell 3
Billy Nattress 3
Bill Clymer 3.5
Paul Davidson 2
Bill Abstein 4
Deacon Phillippe 2
Red Murray 1.5
Billy Campbell 1
Tom Downey 2

My question is this. I am looking to sell most of these. What venue do you recommend to sell these?

Thanks for your help.

wazoo
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
The B/S/T is a great place to sell. There are some wonderful members and you avoid a lot of fees. You also get to know who the card is going to.

alanu
10-24-2012, 09:55 PM
IMHO, to get the best prices, consign them to an auction house, they should waive any seller fees.

Jlighter
10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Those are some nice cards.

bbcard1
10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Fastest sale: BST...half would be snapped up almost immediately at a reasonable price for you...you avoid fees associated with ebay

Most profit: Probably auction house, but it will take month for you to actually get the proceeds in hand

Of course you could also go ebay or direct sale, but I would do one of the two above depending on my situation.

Rob D.
10-25-2012, 06:47 AM
With the continued high prices that T206 back collectors are paying, you almost certainly will leave money on the table by setting prices on the B/S/T. Not to mention you'll have the pleasure of dealing with lowball offers, unanswered emails, one-sided trade proposals, slow-paying buyers, etc.

I suggest consigning to an auction house. If getting the money quickly is a concern, Sterling Auctions (http://www.sterlingsportsauctions.com/) runs monthly auctions, and they continue to realize strong prices on T206s.

smtjoy
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi welcome to the boards.

I agree with others - I suggest consigning to an auction house to get the most for your cards.

bbcard1
10-25-2012, 08:16 AM
If time is not an issue, i would stagger them one or two at a time across a number of auction houses...I would think that would maximize competition...there are a lot of people (me include) who just want a Carolina Brights back..once I get one, will be done. It would make more sense to have us all competing for one or two at a time than allowing us to spread our bids out...at least in my opinion.

aabram23
10-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies and private emails I have received. I apologize for not getting back to most of you who sent me private messages as my inbox was overflowing as I am vacationing this weekend. I am going to be selling most of the Carolina Brights over the next couple months probably in multiple venues. To give myself a better idea of what the true market value is I am going to be listing starting this week a couple of them on eBay. I will also be adding the pictures of them and my D304 Cobb later this week. Thanks again for all of your help and if you have messaged me I will reply in the next few days.