PDA

View Full Version : Wow

mintacular
10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERB-1911-T205-ROGER-BRESNAHAN-PSA-7-NM-7-CARDINALS-BASEBALL-CARD-/140618659260?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20bd8675bc

yanks12025
10-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Nice looking card

zljones
10-23-2012, 09:07 AM
He's been trying to sell that for over a year now. No takers, I think the price is way too high.

BradH
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it seems that he's boasting that his sales figures are always WAY above what auction companies have recorded...Good for him I guess, but if I'm a buyer I'd look at his own propaganda and NOT buy from him, figuring I could maybe get it cheaper somewhere else.

Seems that they'd want to post lower-selling cards and boast the opposite - "Look at what our cards have sold for compared to major auction houses - you're getting a great deal here!"

Maybe that's why no one has overpaid for this card. I'll gladly take a 3 or 4 for a fraction of this cost:

This is what he says about himself:
1951 Bowman Whitey Ford PSA 8 RC
Our Sales Price - $12,500
REA Sales Price - $8,812
Legendary Sales Price - $8,887

1953 Bowman Mantle/Berra/Bauer PSA 8
Our Sales Price - $2,000
Mile High Sales Price - $1,041
Sportscardlink.com Sales Price - $1,042

1965 Topps Tony Perez PSA 9 RC
Our Sale Price - $1,250
Mile High Sales Price - $567

1957 Topps Tony Kubek PSA 9
Our Sales Price - $1,900
Ebay Sales Price - $994

zljones
10-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Usually the highest I have seen a PSA 7 one of these go for was about $4,000 in auction, and that is the max. This seller originally wanted $8,000! I think it's just redicuolous.

bn2cardz
10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
but look at the scan of the reverse that card pretty much sells itself... oh wait on a single card sale with an asking price of under just $7K the seller doesn't show a back scan? :rolleyes:

Why do people not show second side of their cards? I can understand the time vested when it is a $5 card, but when you are asking for an amount of money that most people don't make in a single month, I just don't get it.

zljones
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
but look at the scan of the reverse that card pretty much sells itself... oh wait on a single card sale with an asking price of under just $7K the seller doesn't show a back scan? :rolleyes:

Why do people not show second side of their cards? I can understand the time vested when it is a $5 card, but when you are asking for an amount of money that most people don't make in a single month, I just don't get it.

We just have to pay the privledge of simply buying from this seller and not care about the back. It is wonderful and we should overpay just because it's from him. Remember he sells for higher than other auctions, he boasts. :rolleyes: :D

bn2cardz
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
We just have to pay the privledge of simply buying from this seller and not care about the back. It is wonderful and we should overpay just because it's from him. Remember he sells for higher than other auctions, he boasts. :rolleyes: :D

Non Collector Friend: How much did you pay for that?
Me: Why does that matter? You should be asking "who did you buy that from?"
NCF: Fine, Who did you buy that from?
Me: I don't know, but I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but this guy really knows how to oversell any item. He is great!

zljones
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Non Collector Friend: How much did you pay for that?
Me: Why does that matter? You should be asking "who did you buy that from?"
NCF: Fine, Who did you buy that from?
Me: I don't know, but I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but this guy really knows how to oversell any item. He is great!

:D

Yes that is the single most important thing when buying cards in this hobby, it does not matter how much it's worth, or what it looks like it ONLY matters whom it comes from. I am ready to pay 500 on a $50 card anyday with the right seller. :rolleyes: :D

Pup6913
10-24-2012, 02:58 AM
I think I'm blocked from his auctions for offering just above market on an AB 205 he had once priced 10x way to high

Also if he's so sure it's a PSA 8-9, then why not regrade it and make way more $$$$$$? I bet it has paper loss anyways. Stupid cards:p

Leon
10-24-2012, 03:13 PM
That T205 is definitely on the upper end of the scale of a 7 imo. However, you would think the guy is advertising for consignments and not sales. I doubt I would be touting the fact I get double the prices for my stuff as I am trying to sell something. Kind of a strange strategy for sure.

vintagetoppsguy
10-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Also if he's so sure it's a PSA 8-9, then why not regrade it and make way more $$$$$$?

Because he probably doesn't own the card

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=141979&highlight=wheretheyaint

Peter_Spaeth
10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=92311&highlight=milch

mintacular
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Wasn't commenting on $, just a nice card...(apparently not owned by the current seller...)

ctownboy
10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
If they don't own the card and have to go out and buy it from someone else then that means they are probably marking the card up when they are listing it for sale on eBay. If that is the case then it means if you do some digging, you can probably find the real owner of the card and buy it from them and save some money.

Maybe going to the TPG board and saying you are interested in buying this card would get you the real owner.....

David

dherm360
10-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I just got an email from the seller just a day or two--wasnt sure why

Hey -

How's your collection going? Are you still actively upgrading it?

Also, is there anything you are no longer collecting and looking to sell?

Regards,
Ben
Benjamin E. Milch

WhereTheyAint.com, LLC
One Independence Court, Suite 314
Hoboken, NJ 07030

www.WhereTheyAint.com

BobbyVCP
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM
This guy is famous for selling cards he does not even own or have in his hands.

Griffins
10-26-2012, 01:24 PM
This guy is famous for selling cards he does not even own or have in his hands.

yup. At least when he'd send me offers for cards I needed I took it as a heads up someone else had it on their site for less, and usually found it.
He does get points for the most appropriate name for his business model, so he's got that going for him.

bn2cardz
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I just got an email from the seller just a day or two--wasnt sure why

Hey -

How's your collection going? Are you still actively upgrading it?

Also, is there anything you are no longer collecting and looking to sell?

Regards,
Ben
Benjamin E. Milch

WhereTheyAint.com, LLC
One Independence Court, Suite 314
Hoboken, NJ 07030

www.WhereTheyAint.com

I just received an email from them. The subject line was "Re: You've received a message from an eBay member". So I reported it to ebay. I haven't done any dealings with them and that just really upsets me that they would pretend I have (by putting RE, it makes it seem like I have contacted them) and use that as an in to try and sell to me.

E93
12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
He emailed me out of the blue pretending he had something he did not have.
JimB

slidekellyslide
12-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Someone should make a website called wheretheyare.com and post links to the source for all the cards he's selling that he doesn't own.