PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams Sport Coat

JimStinson
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
I realize I am probably posting this in the wrong place .....BUT, I rarely go to the "other" forums and have had so many mysteries solved here that I thought I'd give it a shot.
I bought this Ted Williams sport coat at auction. I normally don't buy non-autographed memorabilia but Williams is one of my favorites and well ..I could not resist. I'm no expert on "fashion" but it appears to be a style of jacket he would have worn in his "Card show Days" and was wondering if anyone had and could share a photo of Ted wearing it that they might have taken at a show or otherwise. Thanks in advance

chaddurbin
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM
couldn't help you with a photo jim...but "show-used" gotta be as valuable as "game-used" correct? :)

JimStinson
10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Hey ! There is an outside chance that Ted might have suited up one day in a Sport Coat for a game instead of a Bo-Sox jersey. Right ??? Right ??? well maybe not but Ted still wore it (I'm told) .....:)
Don't ever accuse me of being intelligent because I will deny it

JimStinson
10-22-2012, 03:42 PM
BUT ...............the members on this board are a treasure trove of information. Like Namath said "I guarantee it" ! Someone here will have a photo of Teddy Ball game wearing this jacket ....You'll see

chaddurbin
10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
closest thing i can find on google image is a grey sportscoat worn by ted with gold buttons, which i don't think yours is.

drc
10-22-2012, 08:59 PM

drc
10-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I removed my previous post as I realized it was too brilliant for the autograph form members to comprehend, and posted in the memorabilia section where I was sure it would be understood.

That or I realized my post was not relevant to Jim's post.