PDA

View Full Version : RARE! E122 that looks like an E121

danmckee
10-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Stick with that 3rd party grading!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330815109133&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Leon
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
E121, E122 ....who's counting? :)

edhans
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm surprised those guys didn't catch that. They've been around long enough.

autograf
10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Close enough for government work.....

Oops....sorry Dan.....

old-baseball
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I've got an E121 that looks like an E122....

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=8229

Leon
10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Not to pile on, and I am one that thinks PSA does a good job overall, but I have at least one in my collection...

http://luckeycards.com/pe122hooper.jpg

ValKehl
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Stick with that 3rd party grading!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330815109133&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Hey Dan,
This seller has a half dozen or so similar cards (E121s that PSA says are E122s) listed on eBay. I saw them this morning and informed the seller of this error. I, too, would have thought this seller would know the difference, despite the PSA errors.
Val

danmckee
10-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Yea well I just got a response from 1 of the Kronies the seller hired:

"Hi,We have reviewed this card and it is identified correctly. Please review the back of the card and you will see these cards are from the series of 80 which is the E122 set. If you have any other questions please let us know.Regards,Just Collect, Inc."

Comical, businesses and grading companies should hire knowledgable people!

ValKehl
10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey Dan,
This seller has a half dozen or so similar cards (E121s that PSA says are E122s) listed on eBay. I saw them this morning and informed the seller of this error. I, too, would have thought this seller would know the difference, despite the PSA errors.
Val

Hi Dan - Here's the email I received earlier this evening in response to my effort to enlighten Just Collect:

"Dear ekehl,

Hi,
We have reviewed these cards and they are identified correctly. Please review the back of the cards and you will see these cards are from the series of 80 which is the E122 set. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Regards,
Dan Villa
Just Collect, Inc."

I will now respond to Just Collect and suggest they refer to the Standard Catalog to learn the difference between an E121 and the much scarcer E122. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" is an old expression - but, perhaps there are some horses that you can't even lead to water in the first place!!
Val

edhans
10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi,
We have reviewed these cards and they are identified correctly. Please review the back of the cards and you will see these cards are from the series of 80 which is the E122 set. If you have any other questions please let us know.

That is just mind-boggling stupidity for a company with such a high profile.

Jlighter
10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Well someone bought it.

Leon
10-24-2012, 10:38 AM
That is just mind-boggling stupidity for a company with such a high profile.

I emailed with the owner last night. He is having a chat with his folks. I guess with companies that employ quite a few people these things can happen. We all make mistakes but you really would think with multiple people questioning his statement he would re-verify his info. I can vouch for the owner though...he is as good of a guy as I know in the hobby...and a close hobby friend.

ValKehl
10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
After sending Just Collect another email last night (I explained the difference, referred him to the Standard Catalog, and gave him a link to a legitimate E122 on eBay), I received this response today:

"Dear ekehl,

Hello Val,
Thank you for the clarification with respect to how to identify each issue. We had consulted the Standard Catalog of BB Cards and because the image of the cards is small we did not notice the distinction in the border, only the difference in the backs. We have ended the auctions and will send the cards back to PSA to be relabeled. Thank you for the clarification and your time.

Regards,
Dan Villa
Just Collect, Inc."

edhans
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I emailed with the owner last night. He is having a chat with his folks. I guess with companies that employ quite a few people these things can happen. We all make mistakes but you really would think with multiple people questioning his statement he would re-verify his info. I can vouch for the owner though...he is as good of a guy as I know in the hobby...and a close hobby friend.

Agreed on all counts, Leon. Glad they have admitted their mistake and are fixing it.