PDA

View Full Version : Do these look good?

Sean1125
10-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I always question an MJ autograph baseball, but the Griffey looks good to me - Can any experts chime in on these autos?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/clt/3314893318.html

shelly
10-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Koufax no. Mantle yes Joe d yes I don't no Yogi that well but it did not look good to me it looks to slow.I would also say the Jordan is good. I cant wait to here from Chris and Richard on this.:p

Sean1125
10-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks! I sent them an e-mail hopefully I can meet them later today.

isaac2004
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Just from a quick look, but take it with a grain of salt

Mantle - yes
Dimaggion - no
Griffey - yes
Berra - real shaky
Koufax - no
Jordan - I am not good enough to warrant a yes or no, but looks scribbled

shelly
10-21-2012, 11:10 AM
The Joe d is perfect. :D

travrosty
10-21-2012, 12:56 PM
when more people chime in and you get a consensus, then the anointed one will come on here and parrot those opinions because its safe and take all the credit.

Mr. Zipper
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
when more people chime in and you get a consensus, then the anointed one will come on here and parrot those opinions because its safe and take all the credit.

As I understand you are a world renowned boxing expert, perhaps you'd like to contribute in a positive way by helping another member who has a boxing question. You can see the thread here: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=157938

I look forward to your participation there because I'd like to see your expertise in action.

David Atkatz
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
It's gonna be somewhat hard for Travis to show his expertise, Steve, as there are no scans.

Next time you get snarky, try to find a case where Travis--or anyone else--can actually help.

packs
10-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh cool, another one of these threads.

Sean1125
10-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh cool, another one of these threads.

Is there a problem?

I'm under the impression this forum is for discussing "autographs".

I could always be wrong.

packs
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
No, not that. Just that certain forum members can never pass up the chance to take out their rulers and do some measuring. I get really sick of the negativity. We had a thread about it not too long ago. Didn't seem to have an impact.

Mr. Zipper
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
It's gonna be somewhat hard for Travis to show his expertise, Steve, as there are no scans.

Next time you get snarky, try to find a case where Travis--or anyone else--can actually help.

Well, Mark seemed to have the wherewithal to make an appearance and try to provide some guidance to the person asking. How hard is it to write, "Post a scan and I'll let you know" ?

I find it supremely ironic and hypocritical that Travis would bash someone who has helped thousands of collectors and offered many opinions free of charge, yet Travis has NEVER lifted a finger to share one iota of his knowledge except when it is an opportunity to bash PSA or JSA.

Then again, I guess I expect too much of people. ;)

thetruthisoutthere
10-21-2012, 06:21 PM

Oh, is Todd Mueller in the house?

earlywynnfan
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
If I may throw some salve on this here thread, I was just thinking the other day of PMing one particular member who I've called out as just stirring the pot (has several A's and a Z in his name) to tell him how much I, for one, appreciate how he's stayed above the fray since that thread. It's been great to see only his knowledge coming through, not his barbs. The man does have a lot to add here.

As for Travis, I don't know what his beef is now with this "bandwagon" theme for helping with autos (is the "anointed one" Chris?? How have I been here so long yet don't even know our own pet names for each other?), but I must say I've sought him out a few times with boxing help and he's been very gracious and helpful each time.

Just my usually-ignored two cents.

Ken