PDA

View Full Version : "LET'S NEVER FORGET !"....World Series (10/30/2001) BB video

tedzan
10-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Memories fom 11 years ago. I'd like to think that this scenario transcends whatever your "stripes" are......

http://youtu.be/bxR1tZ08FcI

TED Z

Leon
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Great, great clip Ted. Thanks for sharing. USA USA !!!

ethicsprof
10-18-2012, 08:23 PM
great piece. many thanks.
'don't bounce it or they'll boo you.'
all the best,
barry

gnaz01
10-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Awesome!! I was at the game on September 10th, 2001 but it got rained out. NY vs. Boston, Roger Clemens was pitching that night for his 20th win of the season (I think). My buddy and I got scalped tickets under "the bat" but it got rained out. Woke up next morning, mid town Manhattan, and the rest was history!

tedzan
10-19-2012, 09:26 AM
I am glad that you guys enjoyed this event. You do not have to be a Yankees fan to appreciate this video.

Although, I am a Yankees fan (since 1947), I was not too disappointed when Arizona won in the bottom of
the 9th in the 7th game.
Because I've always been a Curt Schilling fan. And, I was quite impressed with Randy Johnson. It just was
Arizona's time to win.....and, they certainly played like Champions.

TED Z

savedfrommyspokes
10-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Powerful clip....that was the catch of a lifetime for Todd Greene, my high school classmate. My understanding is that he was also an unfortunate witness to the tragedy a month and a half earlier.

Tobacco&Gum
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm a huge Yankees Fan, and for my money, 2001 was the greatest WS ever.

For those of us in the NYC metro area (and I'm sure elsewhere) the 2001 WS was a great source of healing, and trying to get back on track as a community. This moment was a huge part of that. Thanks for sharing Ted.

Never Forget.

kkkkandp
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
'don't bounce it or they'll boo you.'

Amazing on two fronts - that Derek Jeter basically told The President of the United States that he had to put his big boy pants on and throw from the pitcher's rubber and that President Bush took up the challenge and put one over the dish.

Great stuff!

ethicsprof
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
very well said!
all the best,

barry

tedzan
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Amazing on two fronts - that Derek Jeter basically told The President of the United States that he had to put his big boy pants on and throw from the pitcher's rubber and that President Bush took up the challenge and put one over the dish.

Great stuff!

Kevin and guys,

In my time, I've seen a lot Presidents throw the 1st pitch in World Series games.

The first Prez I saw was Harry Truman in 1950. But, I was very young and I don't remember if it was in a World Series, or Opening Day at Griffith Stadium in Washington.
But, I recall that Truman threw out two balls.....a Lefty throw and a Righty throw.

I think Ronald Reagan was the first Prez to throw the ball in from the rubber on the mound. And, he threw a "strike".

TED Z