PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Card Crossovers

wazoo
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi all! Hope you're doing well.

Tonight I have a question about crossovers. I have a few t206s that need to be crossed over to SGC, I was wondering how the process works? Do they take the card out of the TPG case? What happens if they think the card doesn't deserve the grade on the other TPG case? Do they reimburse you if they grade your card lower? Thanks!

Best regards

Jason
10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
As long as you put a minimum grade you are willing to accept for the card being crossed over on the invoice equal to or under the original grade they will not crack the card out of the holder unless the card meets or exceeds the grade.

smtjoy
10-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I have done a ton of PSA to SGC crossovers and I just leave them slabbed in most cases. I like to go over them with a loupe prior to sending them in, I look for strong or weak for the grade cards as those are the ones you can do great on or have issues with. From my experience plan on about 1/3 getting a bump either up or down (or fail crossover) and 2/3 cross straight over.

Now if you were doing a SGC to PSA crossover that is another story and I feel the only way to get your card graded proper is to crack and resubmit, I just feel like the look down on all the other TPG and it affects their judgement.

SGC is great to as you can just add them to any mixed sub, I just add them to the bottom of my spreadsheet.

wazoo
10-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I got a t206 Hummel PSA 6 (MC) and I dislike the qualifier a lot. It will probably grade like a 5 with SGC, but still, the corners are so sharp. The only issue is the name on top and bottom. I'm not sure, but it's worth the try.

Texxxx
10-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Just so you will know, if the card doesn't cross to the minimum you set and they dont crack it. You still pay the fee.

wazoo
10-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I would hate to lose $15 per card.

yanks4
10-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Just crack them all out and send them in......they'll look better...... they will be graded correctly,.... and you will be happier going forward... Good luck..