PDA

View Full Version : Ebay or Auction

isaac2004
10-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I posted a question regarding the Banks ball in this collection, but wanted to get some advice on whether to consign or just list on ebay, seperate or together to maximize my return.

Below are pictures of 9 Single Signed Baseballs, all 9 players on the 1969 Opening Day Starting Lineup for the Chicago Cubs, players are here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Chicago_Cubs_season#Player_stats.5B11.5D

All the balls are signed on the sweetspot and most have some sort of inscription on them, the most being the Banks ball with the 1958 stats on it

I know that some of these players have no value but to someone who collects them, and some players have lowered the value of their signature by doing the show circuit, but I still need to downsize my collection a bit and these just take up space. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

drc
10-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I would pick eBay

MooseDog
10-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Agree about eBay but I would not recommend doing an auction starting at a low price, you'll be appalled at the final bid. Pick a price you can live with, mark it up and do a fixed price with best offer. Don't forget to set an auto-decline price for the inevitable low ball bids.

keithsky
10-10-2012, 06:59 AM
In my experience with auction companies most would not take those on consignemnt because there are so many baseballs out there of those guys, maybe not with the exact inscriptions but Banks, Santo and the rest are pretty plentiful and not a scarce item. My opinion the auction companies figure they can't make any money on those and by the time you pay a consignment fee to them your not going to get alot back. There are a few that would take them I'm sure but Ebay to me would be your best bet.

Tuna82
10-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Agree about eBay but I would not recommend doing an auction starting at a low price, you'll be appalled at the final bid. Pick a price you can live with, mark it up and do a fixed price with best offer. Don't forget to set an auto-decline price for the inevitable low ball bids.

X2....and be patient.