PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Autograph Reference??

Plinvestments
10-09-2012, 09:33 AM
http://pristineauction.com/auctions/index/details/id/66065/Roger-Maris-Signed-Vintage-3x5-Index-Card-(AR-LOA)

jgmp123
10-09-2012, 09:42 AM
http://pristineauction.com/auctions/index/details/id/66065/Roger-Maris-Signed-Vintage-3x5-Index-Card-(AR-LOA)

I would assume they aren't very trustworthy. Just went to there site and did a search for that Maris card and below are the results...Maybe they are just being honest about the Appraisal Value:eek::

Authentication Lookup
Results

Certification Number: a005487
Subject:
Sport:
Description:
Manufacturer:
Ink Type:
Color:
Signature Grade(s):
Item Condition:
Date:
Appraisal Value: $0.00
Notes:

HOF Auto Rookies
10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I would assume they aren't very trustworthy. Just went to there site and did a search for that Maris card and below are the results...Maybe they are just being honest about the Appraisal Value:eek::

Authentication Lookup
Results

Certification Number: a005487
Subject:
Sport:
Description:
Manufacturer:
Ink Type:
Color:
Signature Grade(s):
Item Condition:
Date:
Appraisal Value: $0.00
Notes:

lol

drc
10-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I occasionally have collectors ask if an LOA issuer is reputable and it is.

Big Dave
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Forget the opinion from whomever...as that just prejudices the viewer....what is your opinion of the autograph itself?

jgmp123
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Forget the opinion from whomever...as that just prejudices the viewer....what is your opinion of the autograph itself?

The autograph could look fine on a computer screen, but you can't actually know until you see it in person. The auction house should do a little more research on the items they decide to sell if it is coming from an auction house that doesn't even have a reliable way to check the authenticity of an item.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid for something to be authenticated and it gave me no details and a Appraisal Value: $0.00, according to their site.

:)

thetruthisoutthere
10-09-2012, 12:57 PM
The Roger Maris autograph posted here is not authentic.

Plinvestments
10-09-2012, 02:53 PM
The Roger Maris autograph posted here is not authentic.

That is my opinion as well. It looks nothing like any of my real ones.