PDA

View Full Version : Romanesco season

Runscott
10-04-2012, 03:51 PM
It's ready. If you haven't had it, it's a cross between broccoli and cauliflower, and roasted Romanesco is incredible (I just ate an entire one for lunch).

Break off the florets, toss with olive oil, smoked paprika and/or chili powder, and black pepper. Roast at 400 for about 40 minutes (until starting to get dark on top).

After done, drizzle lime juice over it and toss again.

Delicious!

barrysloate
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Funny. I finally looked to see what this was about, and until I read it thought it was about some obscure sport....as in, after the baseball season, I follow the Romanescu season....:)

Runscott
10-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Funny. I finally looked to see what this was about, and until I read it thought it was about some obscure sport....as in, after the baseball season, I follow the Romanescu season....:)

If it were between the Superbowl and baseball opening day, even as vegetable-eating, it would still be the most watchable sport.

Leon
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
I would watch a battle of Romanesco's before I would watch most current sports!!

timzcardz
10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I have never heard of this before, and now I am going to have to go find some and try it.

Thanks!

Runscott
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I just brought another one home from the market a few minutes ago. I'm told it's now the tail-end of the season, so grab one fast.