PDA

View Full Version : The Ring Magazine Help

TyrusRCobb
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
I was visiting another teacher this morning and saw the October 1969 issue of Ring Magazine featuring Frazier and Ellis sitting in her pile of student magazines. The only obvious issue is a slight dog ear of the lower right corner. Is it worth a few bucks or should I leave it for the students? Thanks to the boxing gurus.

JimStinson
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
You didn't say if it was signed. The old unsigned "Ring" mags sell for almost nothing , unless you go WAY back and even then not a heck of alot.

TyrusRCobb
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
You didn't say if it was signed. The old unsigned "Ring" mags sell for almost nothing , unless you go WAY back and even then not a heck of alot.

Thanks Jim. It's not signed. Would 5.00 be in ballpark?

JimStinson
10-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Yup, then kick back and watch the fight on ESPN classic , Frazier was "Smokin" from the first round on and out jabbing Ellis whos best punch was unfortunately his jab

D. Bergin
10-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks Jim. It's not signed. Would 5.00 be in ballpark?

I generally sell them in that era anywhere from $5-$20 bucks depending on condition, and it might take years to sell any particular issue.

TyrusRCobb
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I generally sell them in that era anywhere from $5-$20 bucks depending on condition, and it might take years to sell any particular issue.

Thanks guys. It's nothing I'd sell. I just saw it this morning and it caught my eye.

JimStinson
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
The Old "Ring" covers from the 1950's were quite attractive and display well with autographs. Kid Gavilan used to visit me back in the 80's and 90's and one time I bought all the old "Ring" and "Boxing Illustrated" I could find with him on the cover , He loved them ! as evidenced here

TyrusRCobb
10-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Mr. Stinson, your breadth of knowledge and personal encounters are astounding.