PDA

View Full Version : Good Websites to showcase collection

isaac2004
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Being a computer programmer, I have thought on numerous occasions to create a website where I can showcase my autograph collection. Before I spend the time doing that however, I know people on the board do it as well. Can I have some recommendations for websites like this? The main selling point are

Free (obviously :) )
Large image upload capability
Category grouping
Setting up Lists (this is a long shot but say I am working on the 500 HR Club, here I can upload all the players and check off which ones I have by submitting a scan)
Overall visual appeal of sight

Appreciate any opinions this creates

mr2686
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
There's a few of us that have our stuff on this site. I find it pretty cool and might be what you're looking for:
http://sportscollectorsdaily.ning.com/

HOF Auto Rookies
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Mine wasn't free, but well worth it. I got it through ipage.com

hofautorookies.com (www.hofautorookies.com)

isaac2004
10-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Mine wasn't free, but well worth it. I got it through ipage.com

hofautorookies.com (www.hofautorookies.com)

I imagine for yours there was a "Page Builder" that made it look like that? Or did you make the html pages yourself?

Big Six
10-02-2012, 03:54 PM
This link in my signature leads to a site that has worked well for me...not any ability to blog/post but the ability to showcase my stuff works great...

coachdude2
10-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I used Yahoo page builder. They have both FREE sites and paid. I went with the paid so not to have the advertisments on it. It is easy and can upload alot of pictures.

http://www.baseballfinds.com/

HOF Auto Rookies
10-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I imagine for yours there was a "Page Builder" that made it look like that? Or did you make the html pages yourself?

I used page builder, which is super easy. I am going to write my own code sometime, but I just do not have the free time with work, training and grad school

isaac2004
10-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I used page builder, which is super easy. I am going to write my own code sometime, but I just do not have the free time with work, training and grad school

What do you write in?

HOF Auto Rookies
10-03-2012, 07:19 AM
What do you write in?

Dreamweaver is probably the easiest most user friendly

Forever Young
10-03-2012, 07:33 AM
I used godaddy and put the below site up one evening I was bored. i am certainly not a website wizard. It wasn't free but not expensive at all either..just purchased domain name and for them to maintain. Www.weingartensvintage.com

isaac2004
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
This link in my signature leads to a site that has worked well for me...not any ability to blog/post but the ability to showcase my stuff works great...

I ended up putting some of my stuff up on collectorfocus. I still want a more robust solution, so I will probably do it myself at some point, but my lack of creativity always stifles me when I make websites.... :(

Thanks for all the recs guys!

Leon
10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I ended up putting some of my stuff up on collectorfocus. I still want a more robust solution, so I will probably do it myself at some point, but my lack of creativity always stifles me when I make websites.... :(

Thanks for all the recs guys!

Don't forget our own board where you can put up hundreds of pictures for free and it's easy....just look under the word "community" in the dark blue line. There are hundreds of folders and thousands of members cards......it's a neat area.