PDA

View Full Version : T206 Wetsheet Transfers

MurrayMike78
09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Guys -

Can anyone provide a little insight regarding values of T206 wetsheet transfer cards whether positive or negative?

Thanks
Mike

steve B
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
It's really variable.

Some brands are very prone to some transfer, like Tolstoi. I don't think I'd consider any premium for a Tolstoi with a light transfer on the front.
For other brands it's less common, and I think for some it's basically unknown.(And that might be because the backs themselves are rare - like Drum or BL460 - And having said that the next poster will probably show one of those with a transfer:))

The other aspect is how strong the transfer is. The ones with very strong transfers are valuable. One of the guys that actually can and does collect them could give you a better idea.

Minor ones might carry some small premium, but rarely do. I have a couple where you can see a mark on the back, then later realize it's a transfer of the players collar or glove or something. Unless it's really clear it's not a big deal

Steve B

t206hound
09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
I agree that it depends.

A back transfer to the front doesn't command much of a premium (if any) unless it is a pretty significant, distinct and/or bold transfer. As mentioned earlier, Tolstois are really common for transfers. Sweet Cap, PB and Piedmonts are available.

A front transfer to back is an entirely different story. The ones that look like smudges aren't going to bring any premium, but "ghosts" and instances of the players name on the back (in reverse obviously) could bring a nice sum.

atx840
09-28-2012, 03:44 PM
"ghosts" and instances of the players name on the back (in reverse obviously) could bring a nice sum.

+1

http://i.imgur.com/IKLOM.jpg

t206hound
09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Chris took my bait :D
Nice card!

atx840
09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Any chance I get. ;)

MurrayMike78
09-28-2012, 06:09 PM
thanks guys. appreciate the insight. indeed the card is a tolstoi.