PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on trading for this Jordan

isaac2004
09-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Been talking to a guy with a cool Harry Carey and Jordan Photo from 94. I have looked at some samples from PSA/JSA on ebay and it looks good, but I am not a Jordan expert. I just wanted to get some opinion before I trade a few baseballs for it

Deertick
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
IMO, stay away from anything that has a "marbled" plaque.

Mr. Zipper
09-27-2012, 09:23 PM
IMO, stay away from anything that has a "marbled" plaque.

LOL

I Can't comment on this item, but in my experience, the more fancy and elaborate the display, the lousier the item is. The display is meant to distract from the signature itself.

kmac32
09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
The Harry Carey auto looks good. LOL

vintagechris
09-28-2012, 08:35 AM
The Jordan is bad.

isaac2004
09-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I just talked to the guy and he guaranteed its authenticity, saying if it fails PSA, he will give me the balls I am trading him. For what I am giving up (duplicates of some stuff I have) I think its worth a flyer on. Worst case it fails PSA and I get my stuff back.

mschwade
09-28-2012, 11:05 AM
LOL

I Can't comment on this item, but in my experience, the more fancy and elaborate the display, the lousier the item is. The display is meant to distract from the signature itself.

I can see what you're saying, but I think that's a broad brush. Sometimes I will mat certain signatures if I am trying to appeal more to a non-collector... Meaning someone that wants a nice display piece for their basement/den/office. It's about knowing who the autograph is of that you're selling and who is more apt to buy it. Michael Jordan is a guy that will appeal to both collectors and non-collectors looking for a wall piece.

vintagechris
09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
I just talked to the guy and he guaranteed its authenticity, saying if it fails PSA, he will give me the balls I am trading him. For what I am giving up (duplicates of some stuff I have) I think its worth a flyer on. Worst case it fails PSA and I get my stuff back.

The Jordan is 100% bad. Not even a chance it is real. People can make all kinds of claims, doesn't mean they will honor what they say. I am not familiar with Harry Carey's signature, but I can tell you without a doubt the Jordan is a fake. Don't waste your time, or money.

HRBAKER
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s172/hrbaker/AUTOS/holycow001.jpg

cubsfan-budman
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Just FYI, he doesnt *always* put the "arry" in his first name right under his last name like that.