PDA

View Full Version : Possible new direction of the hobby

isaac2004
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I saw an advertisement for this interesting concept today, and thought it might be a new avenue for autograph seekers.

NOTE: I DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AND AM NOT SUGGESTING IT

ok well that that is out of the way, here is the link

https://www.egraphs.com

More or less, this is a site that allows you to purchase a handwritten note and autograph on a photo of the player, along with a voice recording from current and some former major league players. You purchase the "EGraph" and you get to keep the file that gets created, but you can also order prints of the photo if you like. Sure the photo will have the auto laser printed on it, but if you purchase, you know its real and you feel connected with the player, which is most people's (at least mine it is) reason for collecting in the first place.

Anyway, I thought it was cool and thought a debate could be started from it.

yanks12025
09-26-2012, 12:57 PM
I think there was a thread about it maybe two months ago.

isaac2004
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
i searched the board and never saw anything related to this company, where is the old thread

bender07
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Boom (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=154732)

mcgwirecom
09-26-2012, 07:30 PM
At first I thought it was goofy. Its a facsimile autograph thats gets sent via text or email to you. But after I got an email about it I saw it was a bit more. If you pay the basic price you just get an email from the player with his facsimile autograph on it. However, you get to send the player a short note and they will sign it however you want. And in addition to that you get a voice clip from the player. If you pay an additional $40 they will send you a framed copy of the picture with the voice clip included so its a nice display. When your friends push the button they will hear Josh Hamilton say "hey dude stop being a stalker" or something else he may record. Actually he is sold out.

Big Six
09-26-2012, 08:44 PM
What a joke...not a chance on God's green Earth I'd spend money this way...

RichardSimon
09-27-2012, 07:52 AM
What a joke...not a chance on God's green Earth I'd spend money this way...

+1